Breast Biopsy Cost In ThailandChat
What is Breast Biopsy?
A biopsy is the process of removal of a small piece of tissue which is further observed and analyzed in a lab. For a breast biopsy, tissue may be removed with a special needle. The tissue is checked to observe the presence or absence of cancer or other abnormal cells.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Types of breast biopsies include:
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy: A thin needle positioned into the lump or area of concern withdraws a small sample of fluid or tissue. No cut (incision) is needed. An FNA biopsy is performed to observe if the area is a solid lump or a fluid-filled sac (cyst).
- Core needle biopsy: A large needle guided into the lump or area of concern removes small cylinders of tissue called cores. No cut is required.
- Open (surgical) biopsy: A surgeon makes an incision in the breast and removes part or all of the lump or area of concern. If the lump is small, deep, and hard to find, wire localization may be used. This is performed using a thin needle with a very thin wire put into the breast. X-ray images guide the surgeon, and they follow this wire to find the lump.
- Ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy: During the procedure, the patient lies on their back or side on an ultrasound table. While holding the ultrasound device against the breast, the radiologist locates the mass and makes a small incision to insert the needle. The surgeon further takes several core samples of tissue
- MRI-guided core needle biopsy: During this procedure, the patient lies face down on a padded scanning table. Patients' breasts fit into a hollow depression in the table, and the MRI machine provides images that help determine the exact location of the biopsy. A small incision about 1/4 inch long (about 6 millimeters) is made to allow the core needle to be inserted. Several samples of tissue are taken.
Who is the Right Doctor for Breast Biopsy?
Surgeons or radiologists usually perform breast biopsies.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A 96% success rate has been reported for breast biopsy.
The cost of Breast Biopsy includes:
- Type of biopsy (A needle biopsy costs less)
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication, if required
- Patient's hospital stay, if required
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Post-procedure complications, if it happens [such as bleeding, wound infection, longer recovery, and scars (even if there is no cancer)]
- Age of the patient
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Breast Biopsy in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Breast Cancer||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Breast Biopsy in Thailand
Medical OncologistConsultant, 43 years of experience
- Dr. Savitree Maoleekoonpairoj is a well-recognized Medical Oncologist.
- She holds 43 years of extensive experience.
- Her area of expertise is diagnosing and treating cancer using chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy, and targeted therapy.
- After completing her MD from Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1978, he did Diploma of The Thai Board of Internal Medicine in 1984 and
- Diploma of The Thai Board of Oncology in 2004.
- Her native language is English and Thai.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 36 years of experience
- Dr. Wirote Lausoontornsiri is a well-recognized Medical Oncologist with 36 years of experience.
- His special interests are Molecular Oncology and Viral Oncology.
- After completing his MD from Mahidol University in 1985, he did the Diploma of Thai Board of Internal Medicine, The Medical Council of Thailand in 1991, and Diploma of The American Board of Internal Medicine in 1996.
- He also received a Fellow in Hematology and Oncology from The University of Chicago Medical Center in 1999, the Diploma of The American Board of Hematology in 1999, and the Diploma of The American Board of Medical Oncology in 1999.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Saranya Chanpanitkitchot is a well-known Gynecologic Oncologist in Bangkok, Thailand, having 18 years of experience.
- Her special interests are minimally invasive surgery and gynecologic oncology.
- She completed her MD Faculty of Medicine from Chulalongkorn University in 2004.
- She did a Diploma Thai Subboard of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, in 2010 and become a Diplomate Thai Subboard of Gynecologic Oncology, Faculty of Medicine from Vajira Hospital Navamindratiraj University, in 2014.
- She also did a Master's of Science, Medical Bioinformatics, Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, in 2019.
- She has various journals in national and international publications.
- She is a well-known member of The Medical Council of Thailand, Thai Endoscopic Society for Gynecologic Oncology, Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Thai Gynecologic Cancer Society, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, Thai Society of Gynecologic Endoscopists, and Asia-Pacific Association for Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Therapy.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals