Breast Biopsy Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Breast Biopsy?
A biopsy is the process of removal of a small piece of tissue which is further observed and analyzed in a lab. For a breast biopsy, tissue may be removed with a special needle. The tissue is checked to observe the presence or absence of cancer or other abnormal cells.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Types of breast biopsies include:
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy: A thin needle positioned into the lump or area of concern withdraws a small sample of fluid or tissue. No cut (incision) is needed. An FNA biopsy is performed to observe if the area is a solid lump or a fluid-filled sac (cyst).
- Core needle biopsy: A large needle guided into the lump or area of concern removes small cylinders of tissue called cores. No cut is required.
- Open (surgical) biopsy: A surgeon makes an incision in the breast and removes part or all of the lump or area of concern. If the lump is small, deep, and hard to find, wire localization may be used. This is performed using a thin needle with a very thin wire put into the breast. X-ray images guide the surgeon, and they follow this wire to find the lump.
- Ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy: During the procedure, the patient lies on their back or side on an ultrasound table. While holding the ultrasound device against the breast, the radiologist locates the mass and makes a small incision to insert the needle. The surgeon further takes several core samples of tissue
- MRI-guided core needle biopsy: During this procedure, the patient lies face down on a padded scanning table. Patients' breasts fit into a hollow depression in the table, and the MRI machine provides images that help determine the exact location of the biopsy. A small incision about 1/4 inch long (about 6 millimeters) is made to allow the core needle to be inserted. Several samples of tissue are taken.
Who is the Right Doctor for Breast Biopsy?
Surgeons or radiologists usually perform breast biopsies.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A 96% success rate has been reported for breast biopsy.
The cost of Breast Biopsy includes:
- Type of biopsy (A needle biopsy costs less)
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication, if required
- Patient's hospital stay, if required
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Post-procedure complications, if it happens [such as bleeding, wound infection, longer recovery, and scars (even if there is no cancer)]
- Age of the patient
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Breast Biopsy in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Breast Biopsy||USD 900 to USD 1100|
|Breast Cancer||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
Breast Biopsy in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Breast Biopsy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor
- Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor is a premier tertiary hospital located in the south of Malaysia.
- Being a multispecialty hospital, it offers various medical and surgical procedures such as Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Joint Replacement & Sports Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, General Surgery, and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- It equipped with cutting edge medical technologies and procedures like Linear Accelerator Elekta Synergy equipped with Catalyst HD, 640-slice CT scan, CT Coronary Calcium Scoring, and Cardiac MRI.
- It is a Medisave-accredited hospital, approved by the Ministry of Health, Singapore.
- It also has an international patient care team that assist in appointment & discharge, visa, flights, airport transfers, emergency, accommodations, language interpretation, and sightseeing.
Ara Damansara Medical Centre, Selangor
Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC), situated in Selangor, Malaysia is part of Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare (RSDH) which is one of the leading private healthcare groups and a pioneer of advanced medical practices and technologies.
The Medical Centre has extensive medical and surgical specialities such as Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oncology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Radiology to mention a few.
It also has a comprehensive Paediatric department which includes Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Ophthalmology & Strabismus Surgery.
The Eye Care Unit is a speciality of the Medical Centre equipped with many of the latest ocular diagnostics and treatment, on par with some of the leading eye centres around the world.
It is supported by cutting edge medical technologies and equipment like 3 Tesla MRI Scanner and Dual Source Flash CT Scanner (low dose).
It has a dedicated International Patient Care Team that helps from hospital appointment and discharge, cost estimation, accommodations, hotels, language interpretation services, and local tours.
Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru
- With 7 years of experience in the industry, Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru provides a one-stop centre for Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine.
- It offers diverse services all related to aesthetics such as Cosmetic Surgery, Aesthetic Medicine, Healthy Aging, Hair Restoration, and Fat Reduction.
- The Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and facilities to provide optimal results to patients.
- It is licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia and a member of the Malaysian Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC).
- The Centre is also a recipient of many awards such as The BrandLaureate - SMEs BestBrands Award Man of The Year & Brand of the Year 2020, Medical Travel Awards - International Cosmetic Surgery Clinic of the Year 2018, 2016, 2015 to mention a few.
Doctors for Breast Biopsy in Malaysia
Medical OncologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping is an experienced Medical Oncologist with over 15 years of expertise.
- She possesses expertise in Cancer screening and treatment, Conformal radiotherapy, Intensity-modulated radiotherapy, Volumetric modulated arc therapy, Stereotactic radiotherapy, Brachytherapy, Chemotherapy, Hormonal therapy, Targeted therapy, Immunotherapy, Basic palliative care and more.
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the European Society of Medical Oncology, the Malaysian Oncology Society, the Malaysian Medical Association and the Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
- She gained her MBBS (2005) from the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland.
- Dr Winnie Ng Nyek Ping acquired a Master's degree (2018) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 42 years of experience
- Dr. Jayendran Dharmaratnam is one of the most reputed Medical Oncologists in Kota Kinabalu.
- He has 42 years of extensive experience in his field.
- He speaks English and Bahasa Malay.
- He did his MBBS from the University of Mysore in 1979, Diploma in Medical Radiotherapy & Oncology from Royal College of Radiologists, London, in 1993, and became a Fellow of the Faculty of Radiologists, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, in 1994.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 40 years of experience
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar is a well-known Medical Oncologist in Penang, practising for 40 years.
- He is one of the pioneers in the fields of Radiotherapy & Oncology in Malaysia.
- His area of expertise includes the management of all solid tumours of the breast, lung, gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract, nasopharynx and head & neck.
- He is a founding member of the Penang Breast Care Society and a member of the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (AMM).
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar has several publications, journals, and articles to his name.
- He has completed MB. BcH from Mansoura Medical School, Cairo, Egypt.
- He has done DMRT (Diploma in Radiology Therapy) from Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
- He has pursued DMRO (PG Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis) from the Royal College of Radiologists, London, UK.
- Dato' Dr. Adel Zaatar is well-versed in English and Arabic.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Breast Biopsy
Our patient's testimonials related to Medical Oncologist
More searches related to Breast Biopsy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Breast Biopsy in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Breast Biopsy in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Turkey, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 0% higher than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 0% higher than Malaysia
- India, USD 400 to USD 600, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 2080 to USD 3120, approximately 160% higher than Malaysia