Breast Biopsy Cost In GermanyChat
What is Breast Biopsy?
A biopsy is the process of removal of a small piece of tissue which is further observed and analyzed in a lab. For a breast biopsy, tissue may be removed with a special needle. The tissue is checked to observe the presence or absence of cancer or other abnormal cells.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Types of breast biopsies include:
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy: A thin needle positioned into the lump or area of concern withdraws a small sample of fluid or tissue. No cut (incision) is needed. An FNA biopsy is performed to observe if the area is a solid lump or a fluid-filled sac (cyst).
- Core needle biopsy: A large needle guided into the lump or area of concern removes small cylinders of tissue called cores. No cut is required.
- Open (surgical) biopsy: A surgeon makes an incision in the breast and removes part or all of the lump or area of concern. If the lump is small, deep, and hard to find, wire localization may be used. This is performed using a thin needle with a very thin wire put into the breast. X-ray images guide the surgeon, and they follow this wire to find the lump.
- Ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy: During the procedure, the patient lies on their back or side on an ultrasound table. While holding the ultrasound device against the breast, the radiologist locates the mass and makes a small incision to insert the needle. The surgeon further takes several core samples of tissue
- MRI-guided core needle biopsy: During this procedure, the patient lies face down on a padded scanning table. Patients' breasts fit into a hollow depression in the table, and the MRI machine provides images that help determine the exact location of the biopsy. A small incision about 1/4 inch long (about 6 millimeters) is made to allow the core needle to be inserted. Several samples of tissue are taken.
Who is the Right Doctor for Breast Biopsy?
Surgeons or radiologists usually perform breast biopsies.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A 96% success rate has been reported for breast biopsy.
The cost of Breast Biopsy includes:
- Type of biopsy (A needle biopsy costs less)
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication, if required
- Patient's hospital stay, if required
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Post-procedure complications, if it happens [such as bleeding, wound infection, longer recovery, and scars (even if there is no cancer)]
- Age of the patient
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Breast Biopsy in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Breast Biopsy||USD 900 to USD 1100|
|Breast Cancer||USD 18900 to USD 23100|
Breast Biopsy in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Breast Biopsy are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Breast Biopsy in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Breast Biopsy in Germany
Medical OncologistDirector, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is an Internationally renowned Medical Oncologist with +30 years of practice.
- Her area of expertise is Breast cancer, Gynecological cancer and the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Tumor disease in women.
- She is a member of the German Medical Association, the German Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics and the German Cancer Society.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle gained her MBBS (1986) from the University of Freiburg.
- She did her specialization in Oncology (1987) at the University of Freiburg.
- She has a PhD (1995) from the University Hospital Freiburg.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is the author of several publications and articles.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianChief, 38 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Michael Untch is a gyne-oncologist with 38+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include preoperative systemic therapy for breast cancer, cancer surgery, sentinel lymph node operations, chemotherapy, uterus conserving surgery for fibroma, urinary incontinence and treatment for uterine dysplasia.
- He graduated from Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich.
- He also completed his postdoctoral research at the department of gynecologic oncology at the University of Miami.
- Dr. Untch did optional studies of internal medicine and surgery in University Hospital, Augsburg and second optional studies of obstetrics and gynecology in University Clinic Munich-Grosshadern.
- He has penned several publications that are published in national and international journals.
Pediatric HematologistDirector, 39 years of experience
- Dr. med. Axel Stang is a hematologist and oncologist with 39+ years of experience.
- He won the Asklepios Award for Innovation in Medicine in 2012.
- He is a member of the Hamburg Medical Association
- He has given guest lectures at the Semmelweis University Budapest.
- Dr. Stang completed graduation followed by post-graduation and PhD.
- He also did basic ultrasound courses and has ESMO Certification in medical oncology.
- He is a member of the German Cancer Society (AIO), German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO), German Society for Internal Medicine (DGIM), German Society for Palliative Medicine, German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM) and European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Breast Biopsy
Our patient's testimonials related to Pediatric Hematologist
More searches related to Breast Biopsy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Breast Biopsy in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Breast Biopsy in other countries compared to Germany is:
- Turkey, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 0% higher than Germany
- India, USD 400 to USD 600, approximately 50% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 2080 to USD 3120, approximately 160% higher than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 0% higher than Germany