Brain Tumor Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Brain Tumor?
All cancerous and non-cancerous abnormal growth of cells is collectively known as a brain tumor. They include some lesions found in the spinal cord as well.
These are mainly originated in the brain or maybe spread through connective tissue like blood or lymph. Symptoms mainly increasing headaches, blurry vision, loss of balance, confusion, and seizures. there are few cases of the asymptomatic tumours as well.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Treatment of brain tumor includes surgical removal of the cancerous part, either by microsurgery or craniotomy.
Post-surgery if some tissues are left then radiation therapy, chemotherapy or a combination of both is given strategically to clear out the cancer cells and prevent its reoccurrence.
Post-treatment palliative care is required for the management of symptoms and brain functioning.
Who is the Right Doctor for Brain Tumor Treatment?
The right doctor for treating a case of brain tumor is a neurologist, neurosurgeon, head and neck surgeon, and Oncologist.
What tests are required?
Tests that can properly diagnose brain tumors are imagining tests like Ct scan, MRI, and PET scan. however, in a few cases, we might need a brain biopsy to evaluate the type of cancerous growth.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
In terms of five-year survival rate, the percentage of people who lives more than five years is 36%, and in the case of 10 year-survival rate, It is 31%. there are few cancers of the brain which are slow-growing and don't really need intervention throughout life.
The Cost of a Brain Tumor Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, which may include [CT Scan or MRI]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - The patient will be required to visit the surgeon a week after the surgery to assess and remove any staples or stitches.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests.
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 3-10 days)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Brain Tumor Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is an accomplished UAE Neurosurgeon with +19 years of clinical experience.
- His area of interest is Lumbar laminectomy, Laminotomy, Laminoplasty, Microdiscectomy and Excision of spinal tumours, Cysts and more.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is a member of the Pan Arab Neurosurgical Society, the Saudi Association of Neurological Surgery and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained MBBS from a prestigious university.
- He's got F.B.I.M.S. in Neurosurgery from Iraqi Board.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi got an Arab Spine Course Diploma (ASCD).
NeurosurgeonVisiting Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Muhammed Chishti is a renowned and established Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in the field.
- He has done his MBBS from Dow Medical College University of Karachi, Pakistan. In 1982, he went to UK where he obtained fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow. Here, he completed his training and obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
- Dr. Chishti is an expert neurosurgeon, known to treat brain tumors, aneurism and AVM, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma. In spine, he has extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumors, infections and spinal dysraphism.
- He has acquired extensive experience in these 30 years, especially during his stint in Pakistan, where he even treated cases from Afghanistan.
Brain Tumor Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Craniotomy is the most common type of surgery to remove brain tumor. In this procedure an incision is being made in the scalp and bone pieces are being removed from the skull. After wards the tumor is being excised.
Yes, brain tumor surgery is risky, it always carries some risks such as infection and bleeding. Some other risk of the procedure depends on the part where your brain tumor is located.
Yes, brain tumor can be successfully removed with surgery and do not grow back. It also depends on some factors such as if the surgeon is safely able to remove all of the tumor. If some tumor is being left it can be treated with radiotherapy.
Yes, brain tumour surgery is successful some people are able to recover easily after brain surgery while some people may have long term difficulties. The problem also depends on the area where brain tumor was located.
Brain tumors are very serious they can put some pressure on some healthy part of the brain or spreads to those areas. They causes some problem in backflow of fluid around the brain which can result in increase in pressure inside the skull.
During the Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will take around three to five hours to perform craniotomy but if you are undergoing awake craniotomy it will take around 5-7 years.
Brain tumour surgery is being done by a neurosurgeon under general anaesthesia. The complete procedure can take up to three to five hours if you are undergoing regular craniotomy.
Brain Tumour surgery is being done by following methods:
- Craniotomy-The most common type of surgery to remove a brain tumor is a craniotomy. This procedure involves making an incision in the scalp and removing a piece of bone from the skull to give the neurosurgeon access to the tumor.
- MRI-Guided Laser Ablation -MRI-guided laser ablation is a minimally invasive neurosurgical technique for a number of diseases, including brain tumors. The treatment uses lasers to target and destroy the tumor.
- Endoscopic Brain Tumor Surgery (Neuroendoscopy)- Neuroendoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure in which the neurosurgeon removes the tumor through small holes (about the size of a dime) in the skull or through the mouth or nose.
After Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually hospital stay after brain tumor surgery is two to five days. An MRI or CT scan will be performed the day after surgery to benchmark the success of the treatment. The exact length of stay depends on many factors, such as the type of surgery performed and whether there were any complications that require further treatment.
Pain is very minimum after surgery, you may have some headache and tenderness in the area affected. Some medicines are given for pain relief, you will be given medicines intravenously till you are not able to take pills.
If you experiencing any of the symptoms such as fever more than 101, weakness in arms or legs, change of mental status, any seizure, worsening headache, increased swelling/ redness at the incision site.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals