Bentall Surgery Cost In South AfricaChat
What is Bentall Surgery?
A Bentall procedure is a surgical procedure to help correct problems with the aorta. The aorta's role is to carry oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the rest of the body.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Bentall procedure involves the removal of the affected part of the aorta and aortic valves followed by the removal of coronary arteries and the insertion of an artificial aortic graft with a built-in valve.
Who is the Right Doctor for Bentall Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Bentall Surgery is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate usually depends on the age and the overall health of the patient.
Top hospitals and doctors for Bentall Surgery in South AfricaFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Bentall Surgery in South Africa
- Busamed Gateway Private Hospital is an award-winning hospital that is proudly African dedicated to providing quality and cost-effective healthcare services with high clinical standards and innovative technology.
- It is the only surgical and cardiac hospital in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) province and has established itself as the hospital of choice for these two specialities across South Africa.
- The Hospital is an accredited heart and lung transplant hospital of KZN. In 2017, the seventh double heart and lung transplant was successfully operated in the Hospital.
- It has 19 areas of specialisation such as Cardiothoracic Surgery, Gastroenterology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Neurology, Nephrology, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Rheumatology, Urology, and Vascular Surgery to mention a few.
- It was voted the Best Healthcare Provider, being part of Discovery Health Top 20 Hospitals for three consecutive years from 2015 to 2017.
- The Hospital also got a Silver Arrow Award from the PMR Africa Awards, a research company that recognises and celebrate excellence in business.
- Netcare N1 City Hospital, Capetown is a leading super-speciality hospital with the purpose of providing advanced healthcare at the affordable rates.
- It offers treatments for various sub-specialities such as, cancer, cardiology, CTVS, dentistry, dermatology, ENT, general surgery, geriatric medicine, gynaecology, internal medicine, maxillo-facial and oral surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology, neurosurgery, nuclear medicine, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, pediatrics, cosmetic surgery, pulmonology, radiation oncology, rheumatology and urology.
- Netcare N1 City Hospital, Goodwood, Capetown has 235 beds, eight operation theatres, an NICU, a pediatric unit and the latest in medical infrastructure. It has an Oncology & Interventional Centre, Bergmann, Ross & Partners MRI & CT Centre, a pharmacy and a Bergmann, Ross & Partners Radiology centre and a chest pain centre. The maternity unit has medical specialists and staff to take care of mothers and babies and has the latest in medical facilities. The unit is supported by the Stork’s Nest unit to offer medical support and advice post-delivery. The NICU has state-of-the art medical equipment to offer support and monitor the infants. The pediatrics ward also has a high-care pediatric unit.
- The team of doctors, surgeons, and the non-medical staff is highly-qualified and competent at providing prompt, accurate and successful treatments.
- The hospital building is a multi-storeyed structure with a parking lot and is situated in a peaceful locality. The premises are spacious, well-lit and high levels of hygiene are maintained.
- The interiors of the hospital are also well-maintained and hygienic.
- Some of the specialised services at the hospital are, Netcare Appointmed, a specialised service for patients to assist with medical appointments; Netcare Cancer Care; Netcare Occupational Health; Netcare Pharmacy and Netcare Family Connect Line. Under Netcare Plus, it offers accident and trauma cover, prepaid health vouchers prepaid voucher for surgeries.
- Mediclinic Victoria, Tongaat is a multi-speciality hospital with latest in infrastructure primarily catering to the North Coast community.
- The hospital offers treatments for a host of specialities such as allergies, audiology, cardiology, cardiothoracic surgeon, sexology, dentist, dermatologist, neurophysiology, pulmonology, reproductive medicine, dietitian, electrophysiology, endocrinology, ENT, gastroenterology, general surgery, gynaecologist & obstetrician, haematologist, neurology, neurosurgery, oncology (medical/radiation), ophthalmology, orthopaedics, paedaitrics, pulmonology and a few other specialities.
- It has 127 beds, a 10-bedded ICU unit, a five-bedded NICU, a 24*7 emergency unit, three OTs and a pharmacy.
- The infrastructure at the hospital comprises, a pre-admission centre, CT scan, pathology, radiology, renal dialysis unit.
- The medical staff at Mediclinic Victoria, Tongaat is highly experienced and skilled.
- Mediclinic Victoria, Tongaat is a multi-storeyed hospital building with carefully-planned spaces. It has a spacious lawn, roomy and well-lit spaces.
Doctors for Bentall Surgery in South Africa
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 54 years of experience
- Prof. Rob Kinsley is a senior and an immensely respectable Cardiothoracic surgeon with a vast experience of +54 years in the field.
- He is the founder member of the World Society of Paediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery and is also the founder and Chairman of The Children's Cardiac Foundation of Africa.
- Dr. Kinsley did his MBBch in 1963 from the Uninversity of the Witwatersrand and then in 1968 did his residency programme at the same university. Later in 1973, he completed his fellowship from the Mayo Clinic School of Medicine.
- His expertise includes performing patent uctus arteriosus, atrial septal defect, truncus arteriosus repair, hypoplastic left heart repair, total anomalous pulmonary venous return correction, coarctation of the aorta repair, tricuspid atresia repair, Tetralogy of Fallot, VSD, tricuspid arteriosus repair and the transposition of the great vessels repair in paediatrics.
- In adults, he performs, CAD, heart valve disease, CABG, heart transplants, coronary angioplasty and stenting among such other procedures.
- Dr. Kinsley has pioneered various initiatives in his chosen area of work.
- He has received a couple of awards for his work in the field of cardiac and cardiothoracic surgery.
- Dr. Kinsley has a few research papers in his name.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Rene Mooloo is a leading Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
- He has been practicing for the past 10 years.
- His areas of specialization are Adult cardiac surgery, Thoracic services, etc.
- He did MBChB from Medunsa, a Diploma in Anaesthesiology from the College of Medicine of South Africa, and MMed in Thoracic surgery from the University of Pretoria.
- He aims to provide the best medical treatment and that's why many patients recommend him.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Asherson is a well-known Cardiologist in South Africa.
- He matriculated from Hilton College and completed his undergraduate medical degree at Stellenbosch University in 1998.
- After an internship at Groote Schuur Hospital and community service in the Cape, he moved to London where he attained the MRCP diploma in 2004.
- Dr. Asherson completed his specialist training in general medicine and cardiology in 2012, working in and around London including at the tertiary teaching units of St Mary’s Hospital, Harefield Heart Hospital and St George’s Hospital.
- He is registered as a Specialist Physician and Cardiologist with both the HPCSA and the General Medical Council (UK).
- The doctor manages most aspects of adult cardiology, with particular interests in trans-radial coronary angiography and intervention, heart failure and complex pacing, and TAVI, having recently completed an Edwards TAVI proctorship.
- He is a past co-opted committee member of the Heart Failure Society of SA (HeFSSA), and past secretary of the KZN Branch of the SA Heart Association.
- He has an interest in research and has enrolled patients in the international stent and device registries in recent years.
- Dr. Asherson has conferred a Fellowship of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC) and was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of London (FRCP).
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals