Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant?
In Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant, healthy blood cells are extracted from your own body to replace the diseased cells
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Autologous BMT, transplanted blood cells travel to the bone marrow to produce healthy blood cells and grow new marrow
Who is the Right Doctor for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant?
Hematologists and Hemato-Oncologists are the right Bone Marrow Transplant specialists to carry out this surgical treatment.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall success rate of Autologous BMT is 86 percent when proper chemotherapy is given followed by autologous bone marrow transplant in case of hematological malignancies.
The Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant may cure certain cancers such as Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myelodysplasia, or Multiple Myeloma. It also cures diseases that affect the production of bone marrow cells such as aplastic anemia, sickle cell anemia, or thalassemia.
Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 21 Hospitals and doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in United Arab Emirates
LLH Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Founded in 2007, LLH Hospital is a multispeciality hospital based in Abu Dhabi, providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, neurology, ENT, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, Gynecology, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- LLH Hospital received the prestigious European Quality Award (EQA) instituted by the European Foundation for Quality Management and hounoured by the Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award (SKEA), that honors leading organizations which provide best services and set the highest of standards in excellence across the nation.
- The healthcare institution has a team of over 5000 employees providing quality care to over 2 million people for 13 years and is well equipped with all the latest treatment modalities.
Zulekha Hospital LLC - Sharjah
- Zulekha Hospital Sharjah is part of the Zulekha Healthcare Group that provides easy access to high-quality healthcare.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital with specialities such as Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Urology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Physiotherapy etc.
- It has 32 medical and surgical departments and also offers various Packages such as Health Packages, Maternity Packages, Vaccination Packages, and Plastic Surgery Packages.
- It provides an innovative strategy during the pandemic called "Home Care Services" that offers medical expertise and care at the comfort of an individual's home to ensure health and happiness.
- It is a JCI re-accredited institution and got CAP accreditation in the year 2012.
- It implements the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence Model which led the Hospital to receive Dubai Quality Appreciation Award (DQAP) and Dubai Quality Award (DQA) for several years.
- It also received “The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Excellence Award (MRM)” in 2016.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality hospital providing the best and quality healthcare services to people in Abu Dhabi and its surrounding areas.
- It is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and world-famous as a leading fertility service providers.
- With more than 32 specialities, this Hospital is also known for its Advanced Cancer Care and Weight loss programme.
- Its high standard quality and excellent patient service are accredited by the JCI. It is also accredited by the World Endoscopy Organisation (WEO), and the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- It has tie-ups with national and international insurance companies like the International SOS, Allianz insurance, Cigna etc to ensure easy and efficient billing services to patients.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience and Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism.
- It is declared a COVID-19 free Hospital by the local authorities also ensuring to maintain all COVID care protocols at the same time.
- It has a dedicated international patient team that ensures smooth assistance from the moment of registration to post-operation follow-up.
Doctors for Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant in United Arab Emirates
HematologistSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Eiman Alkhatib is a Dubai-based Haematologist with 20+ years of experience.
- She has completed her studies at the reputed Damascus University. Her area of expertise lies in treating both benign and malignant blood diseases. She works on the management of blood transfusions and possible complications, bone marrow aspiration, bone biopsies, Sickle cell anemia, Thalassemia, etc.
- Dr. Eiman is a member of the Syrian Association of Oncology and Haematology and the Syrian Medical Association. She is the former chief of Haematology Interns Exams in Syria Board Association.
- Under her credit, there are both national and international publications in accredited indexed journals.
- She is also actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific conferences, sessions, seminars, and worldwide conferences to talk about the management of different types of Anemias.
HematologistConsultant, 14 years of experience
- Dr. Abdel Rahman Labban is a Dubai based Hematologist with 14+ years of experience in the field of Medical Oncology.
- He has completed his graduation and post-graduation from the top universities, followed by a Diploma from the reputed Beirut Arab University and a speciality Diploma in Internal Medicine, Haematology & Medical Oncology, from the prestigious Rafic Hariri University Hospital, Beirut.
- Dr. Abdel later obtained a senior fellowship in Medical Oncology from the Clinique Universitaire Saint Luc, Institut Roi, Belgium. He has worked earlier in Rafic Hariri University Hospital, Advanced Care Oncology Center, Al Zahra Hospital, and Prime Hospital, Dubai.
- The Oncologist is a member of the Lebanese Society of Medical Oncology, Belgian Order of Physicians, European Society of Medical Oncology, American Society of Medical Oncology, American Society of Haematology, Emirates Society of Oncology, & the Lebanese Society for pain management.
- His area of key interests lies in solid tumours, advanced immunotherapy & advanced targeted therapy, treatment of benign haematological conditions like anaemia, thrombocytopenia, immunodeficiency, bleeding disorders, & clotting disorders, Prevention & treatment of side effects, bone marrow biopsy, bone marrow aspiration & pain management, etc.
HematologistConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Wesam AL-Sakkaf is one of the finest Hematologists, having 15 years of experience.
- He has worked with the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom and gained extensive training in treating various hematological disorders.
- Qualification of Dr. Wesam includes an MD with distinction from Slovakia, an MSc from the University College of London, a diploma from the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), and fellowships from the Royal College of Pathologists.
- He has a special interest in hemato-oncology and treats various blood cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
- Dr. Wasem is also an expert in general hematological disorders like thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, thalassemia, sickle cell disease, bleeding disorders, hemophilia, and stem cell disorders.
Before Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In an autologous transplant, your own blood-forming stem cells are collected. You are then treated with high doses of chemotherapy. The high-dose treatment kills the cancer cells, but it also gets rid of the blood-producing cells that are left in your bone marrow.
Autologous stem cell transplant offers very high chances of sending disease into remission for a long time and it varier person to person.
90% success rate.
YES, but this is temporary.
No, Bone Marrow Transplant is a medical procedure. It is as good as undergoing a blood transfusion.
It takes about 24 hours for your stem cells to reach the bone marrow. Then they start to grow, multiply, and help the marrow make healthy blood cells again.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is a transplant procedure which uses healthy blood stem cells from your own body to replace the diseased and damaged bone.
In autologous transplant the blood forming stem cells are being separated and collected and then they are treated with high doses of chemotherapy which kills the cancer cells but it will also help you to get rid of blood producing cells which are left in your bone marrow.
Autologus bone marrow transplant are needed in those patients who have leukemias, severe aplastic anemia, lymphomas, multiple myeloma, immune deficiency disorder and some solid tumor cancers.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is being used to treat blood cancer such as Hodgkin and non Hodgkin lymphoma. This treatment restores the body’s ability to make normal blood cells after a high dose of chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
The success rate of autologous bone marrow transplant is around 50 to 60 percent followed by a high dose of chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant.
Autologus bone marrow transplant comes from the same person who will get transplant so the patient is the donor while allogenic bone marrow transplant means other, the stem cells in the allogenic transplant are from a person other than patient.
During the Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
For this, your doctor uses a needle to get bone marrow from different parts of your hipbone. It takes 1 to 2 hours and you'll take medicine to help you sleep through it.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is not a surgical procedure and it will take around one to four hour.
Autologus bone marrow transplant is being done by an oncologist or a haematologist.
In autologous transplant the blood forming stem cells are collected and they are treated with high doses of chemotherapy. These high doses will treat the cancer cells but it also help you to get rid of the blood producing cells which are left in bone marrow.
After Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, you will go back to normal life after 4-6 weeks of the procedure.
For some people fatigue is a short term effect of treatment that gets better over a few months or it might come and go for about six months to a year.
The recovery time of autologous bone marrow transplant will take around two to three weeks while cord blood engraftment will take around three to five weeks.
Bone marrow transplant will take around three months to recover it will also take more or less time. The time taken after transplant will depend on your time of your recovery and growth.
The side effect of autologous stem cell transplant are mouth and throat pain, nausea, vomiting, infection, bleeding, graft failure and graft versus host disease.
Bone marrow transplant is done after you complete the conditioning process on the day of transplant the stem cells are being infused in your body through a central line.
You have to go through regular blood tests to asses that the transplanted healthy cells have survived or they have started to multiply in the bone marrow. It will take around two to four weeks or sometimes even more to have an idea whether the transplant procedure is successful or not.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hematologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals