Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure?
An Atrial Septal Defect is a hole between the two upper chambers of the heart. To close the hole, the doctor will place a special device in the child's heart by catheterization, called Atrial Septal Defect Closure.
How is the Procedure Performed?
ASD closure procedure involves an incision in the heart's right atrium to access the defect, followed by the placement of a patch. It is either the patient's pericardial tissue or a synthetic graft stitched onto the septum's hole to close it.
Who is the Right Doctor for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure?
The right doctor to consult for Atrial Septal Defect Closure is a Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon along with a Neonatologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate usually lies between 70-86%.
The Cost of an Atrial Septal Defect Includes:
- Preoperative Diagnostic Tests Cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram (ECG)].
- Surgery Cost (varies depending upon the type of cardiac implant used)
- Post-Operative Cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Types of Implants (such as Amplatzer, Gore, STARFlex, etc.)
- Medicine Cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
- Patient's Hospital Stay
The Overall Cost of the Procedure also Varies Based on the Patient's Condition and Preferences. Some of these Factors are:
- Type of Hospital and Room Opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The Severity of the Disease
- Post-surgical Complication, if it happens (such as irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias), heart valve problems, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Cost of Blood Products (if required)
- An Extended Stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation During Follow-Ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
What is an Atrial Septal Defect?
Before and after image of Atrial Septal Defect.
Types of Atrial Septal Defect.
Treatment for Atrial Septal Defect.
Symptoms of Atrial Septal Defect.
Top hospitals and doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in United Arab Emirates
Burjeel Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- The Burjeel hospital, Abu Dhabi was established by the renowned Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil in collaboration with Dr. Samih Tarabichi.
- Burjeel Hospital, Abu Dhabi is a multispeciality hospital dealing with various departments like cardiology, ophthalmology, Paediatrics, ENT, Gynaecological, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, Rheumatology etc.
- It provides 7-star hospitality with aesthetically designed interiors, an ambiance full of comfort to enhance the healing process, Also has a 64 seater dining restaurant and an open courtyard coffee shop caters to every palate.
- The hospital comprises of Lavish Royal Suites of 6,000 sq. ft. each and Luxurious Presidential Suites of 3,000 sq. ft. each. There are 126 patient rooms along with 180 beds.
- It has received numerous awards, to name few, it was awarded as the Best Asian Healthcare Brand by The Economic Times, Awarded the Best Laboratory design by Hospital Build & Infrastructure the Middle East, also received a recognition award from Al Hosn Gas for their contribution and support to the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign, appreciation Award from IDEA Annual Students Education Exhibition and many more.
- The hospital comprises of a well trained and dynamic team of specialists well equipped with the latest equipment and laminar airflow systems to maintain internationally accepted sterility norms that minimize the risk of infection
- Efficiently manages all types of diagnostic & therapeutic procedures such as Angioplasty, Stenting, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Insertion, Pacemaker Insertions, Neuro-physiology, Specialized physiotherapy, Comprehensive Rehabilitation services, etc.
LLH Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Founded in 2007, LLH Hospital is a multispeciality hospital based in Abu Dhabi, providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, neurology, ENT, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, Gynecology, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- LLH Hospital received the prestigious European Quality Award (EQA) instituted by the European Foundation for Quality Management and hounoured by the Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award (SKEA), that honors leading organizations which provide best services and set the highest of standards in excellence across the nation.
- The healthcare institution has a team of over 5000 employees providing quality care to over 2 million people for 13 years and is well equipped with all the latest treatment modalities.
Thumbay Hospital, Ajman
- Thumbay Hospital is the first JCI accredited private hospital in Ajman and one of the leading private hospitals in the UAE.
- It has been the first choice of hospital destination for over 175 nationalities by providing world-class medical care at an affordable cost.
- According to the Thumbay Hospital, Ajman- KPI Statistics 2018, 93.13% of patients wish to revisit Thumbay Hospital Ajman for their future healthcare needs while 93% would recommend it to their friends & family.
- The Hospital is part of a network of academic hospitals based in the UAE and is a constituent teaching hospital of GMU, (the Gulf Medical University) Academic Health System.
- It has 21 Departments and various Health packages including those specifically for women.
- It was considered the “Best Medical Tourism Hospital in the Middle East” by the New Economy, UK.
- It also won a Silver Award at the prestigious Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Awards 2018
- The Hospital provides Telehealth/Video Consultation to patients.
Doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in United Arab Emirates
Cardiac SurgeonVisiting Consultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar is among the most experienced and skilled Cardiac Surgeons with a vast practice of +38 years.
- He holds professional memberships of the Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of India, the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland and the Maharashtra Medical Council among a few others.
- Dr. Pradeep Nambiar did his MBBS in 1988 from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, followed by MS in 1991 from Army Hospital, New Delhi. In 1998, he earned a fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and then the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada.
- He has the reputation of performing +7,000 successful cardiothoracic surgeries including +1,000 cardiac redo surgeries.
- Dr. Nambiar is the innovator of the Nambiar Technique of Coronary Bypass.
- He is an expert in MIS heart bypass, paediatric cardiac surgery, congenital heart surgery, heart valve surgery, MIDCAB surgery and coronary angioplasty.
Interventional CardiologistSenior Consultant, 22 years of experience
- With over 20 years of experience, Dr Mubarack Valiyakath is a seasoned doctor in the field of Cardiology and Internal Medicine.
- Dr Valiyakath has a wide range of experience both as a Medical Doctor and a Lecturer having worked in India, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. He had worked as a Clinical Lecturer under the Department of Clinical Science (Cardiology) at the Gulf Medical University, Ajman, UAE and as a Lecturer in the Government Medical College, Calicut, India.
- He completed his DNB Cardiology from Kozhikode Medical College, Calicut, India in 2006 and Doctor of Medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India in 1998. He also completed his Fellowship at the Madras Medical Mission in 1999.
- He is multilingual, speaking English, Malayalam, and Hindi.
- He has presented several papers in India and Singapore.
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 25 years of experience
- Dr. Sameer Sajwani is a cardiologist with extensive experience and a special interest in paediatric cardiology.
- He is an expert in the assessment and therapy of congenital heart disease, acquired heart disease, and cardiac arrhythmias, and he is adept at performing and interpreting echocardiogram, ECG, Holter Monitor, and cardiac CT.
- He holds a degree in MBBCh, LRCP&SI (Ireland). DCH (Ireland). MRCPCH (UK).
- He is a founder member of the Nabadat initiative, which collaborates with the Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Charity and Humanitarian Establishment to provide paediatric cardiac services globally.
- He also maintains close links with reputable specialty units in the UK, such as Great Ormond Street Hospital, to ensure that his patients receive the best possible care.
- Dr. Sameer's expertise is heavily focused on addressing challenging and complex cases.
- Dr. Sameer is fluent in Arabic, English, Persian, and Urdu.
Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is the procedure for closing the artial septal defect which is the hole in the heart, this is the abnormal opening in the wall of the heart which closes few weeks or months after birth.
If the hole is small and it is not causing any problem then no treatment is needed but if the ASD is large blood can leak into the wrong chamber of the heart which can make the heart and lung to work harder and it can result in enlarged heart, heart failure, high pressure in lungs, shortness of breath and stroke.
There are various techniques of ASD closure which needs open heart surgery. The hole can be covered with a patch made up of synthetic material or plugged with a closure device or sewn with sutures.
During the Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is always done by a cardiologist or any heart surgeon who are specialist in this procedure.
This surgery is done under general anaesthesia. An incision is made in your chest down the middle of the chest over breastbone, or on the right side of the chest. A special tube is being used for spreading the ribs then by using a endoscope ASD is located and it is closed with a plug, patch or sutures.
This procedure is used if you have smaller ASD and no other heart condition is see along with it which needs to be corrected. An incision is made in the femoral vein and sometimes also in the femoral artery of your hour joint. Then a thin tube called catheter is inserted which holds the closure device on one end and by using an imaging technology such as X ray and echocardiogram catheter and device is guided through the vein to your heart and closure device is closed in your heart. Catheter is removed at last.
After Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After ASD closure you will be kept under observation till you are completely recovered from anaesthesia. You have to be in hospital for one or more night depending on the type of procedure you have undergone.
ASD closure can reduce the symptoms and complications associated with a hole in your heart which can protect your heart and lungs, helping you live a longer.
Some of the risks of the procedure are arrhythmia, bleeding, damage or puncture of heart tissue, infection of the incision, kidney failure, allergy to materials or mini stroke.
It will take around six months to recover completely from the procedure. You may have to undergo some tests such as ambulatory monitors, echocardiograms, electrocardiograms and exercise stress test.
Rarely, some people need repeat surgery to close an opening left behind after ASD closure or a reopened hole but it is a very rare procedure if the hole is large enough to cause problems.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals