Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure?
An Atrial Septal Defect is a hole between the two upper chambers of the heart. To close the hole, the doctor will place a special device in the child's heart by catheterization, called Atrial Septal Defect Closure.
How is the Procedure Performed?
ASD closure procedure involves an incision in the heart's right atrium to access the defect, followed by the placement of a patch. It is either the patient's pericardial tissue or a synthetic graft stitched onto the septum's hole to close it.
Who is the Right Doctor for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure?
The right doctor to consult for Atrial Septal Defect Closure is a Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon along with a Neonatologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate usually lies between 70-86%.
The Cost of an Atrial Septal Defect Includes:
- Preoperative Diagnostic Tests Cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram (ECG)].
- Surgery Cost (varies depending upon the type of cardiac implant used)
- Post-Operative Cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Types of Implants (such as Amplatzer, Gore, STARFlex, etc.)
- Medicine Cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
- Patient's Hospital Stay
The Overall Cost of the Procedure also Varies Based on the Patient's Condition and Preferences. Some of these Factors are:
- Type of Hospital and Room Opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The Severity of the Disease
- Post-surgical Complication, if it happens (such as irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias), heart valve problems, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Cost of Blood Products (if required)
- An Extended Stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation During Follow-Ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Device Closure- ASD VSD||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
What is an Atrial Septal Defect?
Before and after image of Atrial Septal Defect.
Types of Atrial Septal Defect.
Treatment for Atrial Septal Defect.
Symptoms of Atrial Septal Defect.
Top hospitals and doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
Based in Ümraniye, Istanbul, Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is amongst the largest private hospitals in Turkey. Founded in 2006, this hospital is spanned in an area of 35,000 square meters. It is accredited by the US Joint Commission International (JCI) which assures international standards for quality diagnosis and treatment.
The various facilities offered by the hospital include airport pickup, translation services, medical travel insurance, car hire, airport pickup, interpreter services, Rehabilitation, free WiFi, TV in the room, nursery or nanny services, pharmacy, laundry, Visa / Travel office, dry cleaning, hotel booking, flight booking, mobility accessible rooms, local tourism options and more.
Furthermore, if any patient is not able to travel to visit the hospital, then he can utilize ‘Online doctor consultation’ facility provided by the hospital. To provide with all the better facilities to international patients, the hospital accepts special dietary requests and provides local transportation booking.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
As Istanbul is gearing to become one of the world’s preferred destinations for medical treatments; it has raised the choices amongst several hospitals and clinics. Hence, doctors and specialists have gathered to form Medical Park Group for successful medical outcomes with healthcare solutions. Patients from Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America entrust Medical Park doctors for their treatments.
Continuously serving patients with their healthcare services since 1993, irrespective of socioeconomic status, the hospitals boost the quality and quantity of services meeting higher service standards following the principle “healthcare for all”.
Medical Park Hospitals provides qualitative therapeutic and diagnostic services in all hospitals, with three accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) with specialists, patient-oriented service approach using technological intelligence under one roof. The hospitals ensure to serve and heal patients for a ‘healthier’ Turkey.
Over 40 Languages Spoken!
Help desk section is setup at each of the complex to guide medical tourists and provide translation services in over 40 languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish and more!
American Hospital, Istanbul
The Americal hospital, Turkey was founded in 1920 by a US Navy Admiral L. Bristol. The hospital was started as a non-profitable institution. Nearly 120,000 patients are treated every year in addition to 20,000 inpatients. More than 10,000 surgeries are conducted every year. The hospital specifically keeps in consideration the laws, regulations, and principles of professional ethics. It also gives prime importance to the patient’s privacy. All the medical and administrative systems are constantly examined to look for the scope of improvement and provide patient satisfaction. The hospital is accredited by:
- Joint Commission International 2002, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2015, July 2018
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System April 2018
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System May 2018 (American Hospital is the “first” organization to receive the certificate among all public and private hospitals in Turkey.)
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System May 2018
- Echocardiography Laboratory Accreditation by the European Association of Echocardiography (EAE) 2015
- Global Mobility Certificate by United Healthcare Global 2018
Doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in Turkey
Pediatric CardiologistProfessor, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Alpay Çeliker is a pediatric cardiologist with 38+ years of experience.
- He completed his graduation from Hacettepe University, Ankara in 1981, residency in pediatrics from Hacettepe University, Ankara in 1985 and fellowship in pediatric cardiology from Hacettepe University, Ankara in 1990.
- He is a member of the Turkish Society of Cardiology, Association for European Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology, Turkish Association of Pediatric Cardiology, Turkish National Association of Pediatrics, Pediatric and Congenital Electrophysiologic Society and Association of Adult Congenital Heart Diseases.
- He has authored more than 300 academic papers.
- His clinical interest includes pediatric cardiology, invasive cardiology, cardiac electrophysiology, adult congenital heart diseases and more.
Pediatric CardiologistSenior Consultant, 27 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Selami Suleymanoglu is an Istanbul-based Pediatric Cardiologist with 27+ years of experience.
- He completed his graduation from Gülhane Medical Faculty, Medical Doctor in 1984, Specialization in Pediatrics from Gata Haydarpaşa Training Hospital in 1993, and lastly Minor Specialization from Gata Pediatric Cardiology in 1999.
- He has expertise in handling complex cases such as Echocardiography (Heart Ultrasonography, Heart Echo), Cardiac Inflammation (Pericarditis), Rheumatic Fever (Heart Rheumatism, Acute Rheumatic Fever), Syncope (Fainting), Cardiomyopathy (Heart Muscle Disease), Pulmonary Valve Stenosis (Pulmonary Stenosis), Arrhythmia, Holter Test, etc.
- He is actively associated with various organizations such as the Turkish Society of Cardiology, the European Cardiology Association, etc.
- He has nearly 42 articles published in international journals and various research-based articles in national journals.
Prof. Rukiye Nurten EKER ÖMEROĞLU
Pediatric CardiologistProfessor, 43 years of experience
- Prof. Rukiye Nurten EKER ÖMEROĞLU is a well-experienced Pediatric Cardiology Specialist at MEMORIAL BAHÇELİEVLER HOSPITAL.
- She has nearly 43 years of experience in the field of Pediatric Cardiology.
- After completing her medical training from ISTANBUL UNIVERSITY ISTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY in 1991, she has achieved certification in Pediatry Specialisation Training from İSTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRIC HEALTH AND DISEASES in 1982.
- In 1989, she completed certification from ISTANBUL FACULTY OF MEDICINE PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY MINOR SPECIALIZATION EDUCATION followed by certification from İSTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY PEDIATRIC RHEUMATOLOGY MINOR SPECIALIZATION TRAINING in 2011.
- She has several scientific publications to her credit.
- She has also attended numerous vocational education, training, and conferences.
- She is actively associated with various organizations including the Turkish Medical Association, European Paediatric Cardiology Association, Association of Turkish Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Cardiologic Surgery, and Society of Pediatric Cardiology.
- Prior to working with Memorial Healthcare Group, she has worked with prestigious medical centers across Turkey.
Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is the procedure for closing the artial septal defect which is the hole in the heart, this is the abnormal opening in the wall of the heart which closes few weeks or months after birth.
If the hole is small and it is not causing any problem then no treatment is needed but if the ASD is large blood can leak into the wrong chamber of the heart which can make the heart and lung to work harder and it can result in enlarged heart, heart failure, high pressure in lungs, shortness of breath and stroke.
There are various techniques of ASD closure which needs open heart surgery. The hole can be covered with a patch made up of synthetic material or plugged with a closure device or sewn with sutures.
During the Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is always done by a cardiologist or any heart surgeon who are specialist in this procedure.
This surgery is done under general anaesthesia. An incision is made in your chest down the middle of the chest over breastbone, or on the right side of the chest. A special tube is being used for spreading the ribs then by using a endoscope ASD is located and it is closed with a plug, patch or sutures.
This procedure is used if you have smaller ASD and no other heart condition is see along with it which needs to be corrected. An incision is made in the femoral vein and sometimes also in the femoral artery of your hour joint. Then a thin tube called catheter is inserted which holds the closure device on one end and by using an imaging technology such as X ray and echocardiogram catheter and device is guided through the vein to your heart and closure device is closed in your heart. Catheter is removed at last.
After Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After ASD closure you will be kept under observation till you are completely recovered from anaesthesia. You have to be in hospital for one or more night depending on the type of procedure you have undergone.
ASD closure can reduce the symptoms and complications associated with a hole in your heart which can protect your heart and lungs, helping you live a longer.
Some of the risks of the procedure are arrhythmia, bleeding, damage or puncture of heart tissue, infection of the incision, kidney failure, allergy to materials or mini stroke.
It will take around six months to recover completely from the procedure. You may have to undergo some tests such as ambulatory monitors, echocardiograms, electrocardiograms and exercise stress test.
Rarely, some people need repeat surgery to close an opening left behind after ASD closure or a reopened hole but it is a very rare procedure if the hole is large enough to cause problems.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
FAQ videos related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
More searches related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- Thailand, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 88% higher than Turkey
- India, USD 3920 to USD 5880, approximately 39% lower than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 7840 to USD 11760, approximately 23% higher than Turkey