Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure?
An Atrial Septal Defect is a hole between the two upper chambers of the heart. To close the hole, the doctor will place a special device in the child's heart by catheterization, called Atrial Septal Defect Closure.
How is the Procedure Performed?
ASD closure procedure involves an incision in the heart's right atrium to access the defect, followed by the placement of a patch. It is either the patient's pericardial tissue or a synthetic graft stitched onto the septum's hole to close it.
Who is the Right Doctor for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure?
The right doctor to consult for Atrial Septal Defect Closure is a Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon along with a Neonatologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate usually lies between 70-86%.
The Cost of an Atrial Septal Defect Includes:
- Preoperative Diagnostic Tests Cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram (ECG)].
- Surgery Cost (varies depending upon the type of cardiac implant used)
- Post-Operative Cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Types of Implants (such as Amplatzer, Gore, STARFlex, etc.)
- Medicine Cost (blood thinners, antibiotics, etc.)
- Patient's Hospital Stay
The Overall Cost of the Procedure also Varies Based on the Patient's Condition and Preferences. Some of these Factors are:
- Type of Hospital and Room Opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The Severity of the Disease
- Post-surgical Complication, if it happens (such as irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias), heart valve problems, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Cost of Blood Products (if required)
- An Extended Stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation During Follow-Ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure||USD 8820 to USD 10780|
|Device Closure- ASD VSD||USD 8460 to USD 10340|
Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
What is an Atrial Septal Defect?
Before and after image of Atrial Septal Defect.
Types of Atrial Septal Defect.
Treatment for Atrial Septal Defect.
Symptoms of Atrial Septal Defect.
Top hospitals and doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Pantai Hospital Penang
Pantai Hospital Penang is one of the many hospitals owned by the Pantai Group, a leading healthcare services provider in Malaysia.
The Hospital specialises in Neurology and Cardiology besides having excellent medical and patient care in departments like Oncology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Renal Medicines, Urology and others.
It has three Centres of Excellence namely, the Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Stroke Centre.
It is accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) that is under the Ministry of Health.
It is supported by cutting edge medical and surgical technologies like 160-Slice CT Scan, 64-Slice CT Scan, Bone Densitometer (DEXA), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Mammography, Ultrasonography to mention a few.
The Hospital also has an International Patient Centre that will assist international patients from appointment to discharge along with complimentary chauffeured services to hotels or accommodations in Penang.
It also offers a choice of Health Screening Packages for both men and women.
Doctors for Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in Malaysia
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 26 years of experience
- Dr. Choo Kok Kuan is a knowledgeable and skilled Paediatric Cardiologist.
- He has been practising for the past 26 years.
- Dr. Choo Kok Kuan areas of specialization are Electrocardiography, Echocardiography, Holter monitoring, etc.
- His technical skills lie in treating pediatric congenital disorders with fetal echocardiogram usage.
- He completed his MBBS from the University of Malaya, Malaysia, in 1995 and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK, in 2000.
- He has memberships of the Malaysian Paediatric Cardiac Society, National Heart Association of Malaysia, Malaysian Paediatric Association, and Malaysian Medical Association.
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 20 years of experience
- With 20+ years of experience, Dr. Ang Hak Lee is a knowledgeable Pediatric Cardiologist in Malaysia.
- He was awarded an Excellent Service Certificate from the University of Malaya – 2015.
- He treats Transthoracic echocardiography, Trans-esophageal echocardiography, Diagnostic cardiac catheterization, Percutaneous cardiac intervention and Vaccination.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Medical Council.
- Dr. Ang Hak Lee has completed an MD (1998) from the National University of Malaysia, Malaysia.
- He did a Master of Paediatrics (2006) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He is a Fellow of the Academy of Malaysia, the ASEAN Federation of Cardiology (FAsCC) and the National Heart Association of Malaysia (FNHAM).
- He did Fellowship (2011) in Paediatric Cardiology from the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- Dr. Ang Hak Lee is well-versed in Bahasa Malaysia, Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien and English.
Pediatric CardiologistConsultant, 25 years of experience
- Dr. Rosalie Yip Cheng Wan is an experienced Paediatric Cardiologist based in Malaysia with over 25 years of experience.
- She performs procedures like Electrocardiography (ECG) and Pediatric echocardiography.
- Dr. Rosalie Yip Cheng Wan has special expertise in Stress Echocardiography tests.
- She is a member of the Malaysian Paediatric Association and the Malaysian Medical Council.
- Dr. Rosalie Yip Cheng Wan has completed an MBBS (1992) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- She has obtained MRCP (1996) from the Royal College of Physicians, UK.
- Dr. Rosalie Yip Cheng Wan is well-versed in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is the procedure for closing the artial septal defect which is the hole in the heart, this is the abnormal opening in the wall of the heart which closes few weeks or months after birth.
If the hole is small and it is not causing any problem then no treatment is needed but if the ASD is large blood can leak into the wrong chamber of the heart which can make the heart and lung to work harder and it can result in enlarged heart, heart failure, high pressure in lungs, shortness of breath and stroke.
There are various techniques of ASD closure which needs open heart surgery. The hole can be covered with a patch made up of synthetic material or plugged with a closure device or sewn with sutures.
During the Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
ASD closure is always done by a cardiologist or any heart surgeon who are specialist in this procedure.
This surgery is done under general anaesthesia. An incision is made in your chest down the middle of the chest over breastbone, or on the right side of the chest. A special tube is being used for spreading the ribs then by using a endoscope ASD is located and it is closed with a plug, patch or sutures.
This procedure is used if you have smaller ASD and no other heart condition is see along with it which needs to be corrected. An incision is made in the femoral vein and sometimes also in the femoral artery of your hour joint. Then a thin tube called catheter is inserted which holds the closure device on one end and by using an imaging technology such as X ray and echocardiogram catheter and device is guided through the vein to your heart and closure device is closed in your heart. Catheter is removed at last.
After Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After ASD closure you will be kept under observation till you are completely recovered from anaesthesia. You have to be in hospital for one or more night depending on the type of procedure you have undergone.
ASD closure can reduce the symptoms and complications associated with a hole in your heart which can protect your heart and lungs, helping you live a longer.
Some of the risks of the procedure are arrhythmia, bleeding, damage or puncture of heart tissue, infection of the incision, kidney failure, allergy to materials or mini stroke.
It will take around six months to recover completely from the procedure. You may have to undergo some tests such as ambulatory monitors, echocardiograms, electrocardiograms and exercise stress test.
Rarely, some people need repeat surgery to close an opening left behind after ASD closure or a reopened hole but it is a very rare procedure if the hole is large enough to cause problems.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
FAQ videos related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
More searches related to Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Asd Atrial Septal Defect Closure in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Turkey, USD 6400 to USD 9600, approximately 18% lower than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 53% higher than Malaysia
- India, USD 3920 to USD 5880, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia