Arthritis Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more of your joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age. The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Arthritis is divided into 4 stages, Stage 1 is the early stage showing the symptoms of joint pain, stiffness. Stage 2 is a moderate stage with swelling and Stage 3 as well as stage 4 is severe and requires surgical treatment.
Tests such as a physical exam to check for swollen joints or loss of motion, blood tests like elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate and X-rays to confirm the diagnosis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Arthritis Treatment?
Rheumatologists are the right doctor for arthritis and diseases that involve bones, muscles and joints.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Post treatment, the success rate is between 78-80%.
Cost related to Arthritis Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Knee Replacement Surgery||USD 9450 to USD 11550|
|Knee Arthroscopy||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|Wrist Joint Replacement (Wrist Arthroplasty)||USD 5409 to USD 6611|
|Revision ACL Reconstruction Surgery||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Arthritis Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Arthritis Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Arthritis Treatment in Thailand
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Paiboon Chaicharncheep is a renowned Orthopedics doctor in Thailand.
- Having worked with several hospitals, He has 30 years of relevant experience.
- Dr. Paiboon Chaicharncheep specialises in Trauma management, Management of Orthopedic Infections, and Deformity Corrections.
- His special clinical interest is in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
- Besides being affiliated with many hospitals, He has been professionally active in other important ways. He has been an active member of various organisations, including the Medical Council of Thailand.
- He earned his Medical Doctor (MD), Faculty of Medicine, from Mahidol University,1984 and Orthopedic Residency Training Program, Department of Orthopedics, from Pramongkutklao Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.,1991
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit
Spine SurgeonAssociate Professor, 39 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit is a reputed Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- He has 39 years of vast experience in his field.
- His areas of specialization are total joint replacement and spine surgery.
- He did MD from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1982, Fellowship in Total Joint Replacement from University of California, Los Angeles, USA, in 1987.
- He became Diplomate of The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1994 and also gained Fellowship in Spinal Reconstructive Surgery from Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA, in 1997.
Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 44 years of experience
- Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit is a well-known and respectable Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- He is an Orthopaedic Surgeon whose speciality is Shoulder and Arthoplasty with over 44 years of expertise.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit has completed MD (1973) from Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan.
- He is trained in Orthopedics (1979) from the Siriraj Hospital, Thailand.
- He later trained in Arthroscopy of The Shoulder Joint (1984) from the University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Clin. Prof. Dr. Vatanachai Rojvanit is well-versed in English, Japanese, Mandarin, Teo Chew and Thai.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Knee Surgery
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals