Arthritis Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more of your joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age. The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Arthritis is divided into 4 stages, Stage 1 is the early stage showing the symptoms of joint pain, stiffness. Stage 2 is a moderate stage with swelling and Stage 3 as well as stage 4 is severe and requires surgical treatment.
Tests such as a physical exam to check for swollen joints or loss of motion, blood tests like elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate and X-rays to confirm the diagnosis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Arthritis Treatment?
Rheumatologists are the right doctor for arthritis and diseases that involve bones, muscles and joints.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Post treatment, the success rate is between 78-80%.
Cost related to Arthritis Treatment in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Knee Replacement Surgery||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
|Knee Arthroscopy||USD 4230 to USD 5170|
|Revision ACL Reconstruction Surgery||USD 7380 to USD 9020|
Top hospitals and doctors for Arthritis Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Arthritis Treatment in Germany
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
- Founded in 1899, Helios Specialist Clinic Vogelsang was started as the sanatorium for women with tuberculosis.
- In 1969, the clinic was transformed into a hospital specializing in thoracic surgery, urology and rheumatology.
- The hospital serves diet and nutritional balanced meals to its patients.
- The staff here speaks German, English and Russian.
- For other foreign languages, they have translator service.
- The medical team treats more than 5,500 in-patients and 8,000 outpatients every year.
- Spanned in lush green area, it has more than 160 beds.
- There is a swimming pool / exercise pool in hospital premises.
- The hospital has bagged many awards due to the quality services.
- The specialists associated with the center are well-known among foreign patients.
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Arthritis Treatment in Germany
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonHead of Department, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Wolfgang Bocker is a renowned Orthopedic with special focus on Traumatology and Reconstructive surgeries. Dr.Bocker has been in the field of treating chronic and acute, acquired and congenital injuries of the musculoskeletal system with any degree of severity for 20 years.
- As the President, he has held professional memberships of the European Orthopedic Research Society Congress (2017) and the Osteology Congress (2014). In the recent years, he was the member of Trauma AKADEMIE (2014) and Professional Association of Bavarian Surgeons (2015).
- In 1996, he completed his medical studies from the Free University, Berlin followed by a one-year practice at the Medical College of Ohio.
- He possesses expertise in performing reconstructive surgery, 3D surgery, spinal navigation surgery, septic surgery, injuries to the spine, pelvic bones, upper and lower limbs, fractures after endoprostheses or osteosynthesis and treatment of bone diseases and metabolic bone diseases.
- He has contributed scholarly articles to several publications.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Sudkamp is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 32+ years of experience.
- He has professional membership of the German Society for Trauma Surgery, German Society for Surgery, Working Group for Arthroscopy (AGA), German Society for Sports Medicine, European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC), and German Society for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
- He is also a corresponding member of the Orthopedic Trauma Association of North America, International Member Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), & American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Chairman Shoulder Expert Group of the AO/ASIF, and Chairman Research Board of the AO.
- He first studied electrical engineering at the Technical University of Hannover in 1969 and later studied Medicine in 1975 at the Hannover Medical School.
- In 1998, he also did a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Trauma Surgery from Hannover Medical School.
- He has expertise in Fracture, Hip Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Bone, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials, etc.
- He has presented multiple paper presentations at State and National conferences and written well-researched articles for many journals.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Rolauffs is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 20+ years of experience.
- He has is a long-term member of multiple international and German societies including the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), International CartilageRepair Society (ICRS), and German Association of Trauma Surgery(DGU).
- During his early stage of residency, he pursued a two-year post-doctoral research fellowship in the Department of Biochemistry, followed by a second, three-year post-doctoral fellowship for Biomedical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston.
- He additionally received a six-month clinical scholarship in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, at Harvard Medical School.
- In 2009, he founded and headed the Laboratory for Molecular Biomechanicsat the University of Tübingen, Germany, and in 2012, he was appointed deputy director of the newly founded Siegfried Weller Institute for Trauma Research at the BGU.
- His expertise lies in areas such as Sports Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Biomaterials Fracture, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, etc.
- He has written various well-researched articles for many national and international journals.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Knee Surgery
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals