Aplastic Anemia Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Aplastic Anemia?
Aplastic Anemia is a rare blood disorder in which the body stops producing the required number of blood cells.
How is the Procedure Performed?
If required, the treatment for Aplastic Anemia includes medications and blood transfusions followed by bone marrow transplants.
Who is the Right Doctor for Aplastic Anemia Treatment?
A haematologist is a specialist in diagnosing blood disorders and hence, the right doctor for diagnosing and treating Aplastic Anemia.
What tests are required?
Tests that may suggest the presence of Aplastic Anemia are -
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) test
- Reticulocyte count
- Bone marrow tests
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Depending on the age factor, the five-year survival rate lies between 80-85%.
Early signs of Aplastic Anemia include -
- Fast heart rate
- Frequent infections
- Shortness of breath
Cost related to Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Aplastic Anemia||USD 58500 to USD 71500|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 58500 to USD 71500|
|Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 18000 to USD 22000|
|Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 58500 to USD 71500|
Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Turkey
Popular Cities in 1 for Aplastic Anemia Treatment are:
Top hospitals and doctors for Aplastic Anemia Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Turkey
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department treats the patient in stages, starting with the evaluation of the symptoms followed by a proper treatment plan and imaging tests, thereafter the Inpatient Services and treatment protocol is explained to the patient.
- The Hisar Hospital’s hematology department provides services such as the management of bone marrow disorders, Lymphoma, Multiple myeloma, Acute leukemia, Chronic leukemia, Anemia, Thalassemia, Hemangioma, etc.
- The hematology department at the medical park hospital consists of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers, and administrators specializing in all aspects of stem cell transplantation.
- The department is heavily supported by specialty programs based in the Divisions of Intensive Care Unit, Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Renal Medicine, and other specialty services of the Medical Center.
- BMT centers are certified by Ministry of Health and EBMT for the conduct of autologous, allogeneic, matched-unrelated, and reduced intensity transplantations.
- Services to the patients at hematology centers provided by experienced physicians supported by a state of the art laboratory, and equipment and hardware that comply with international standards.
- The American hospital hematology department comprises well-experienced doctors who efficiently manage the patient genetic profiling both abroad and domestically.
- Services offered by them include Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Acute myeloid leukemia, Amyloidosis, Anemia, Aplastic anemia, Autoimmune hemolytic anemias, Autoimmune thrombopenia, Benign hematological conditions, Bleeding disorders, C1-esterase deficiency, White blood cell diseases, Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, Cryoglobulinemia, Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, Large granular lymphocyte diseases, Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Macroglobulinemia.
Doctors for Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Turkey
HematologistSenior Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Serdar Bedi Omay is a Hematologist with more than 35+ years of experience in the field.
- He is a member of the Turkish Hematology Association, Japanese Hematology Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, Japanese Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, and Ankara Science High School Association.
- He completed his medical education at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1985 and did his specialization in Ege University Faculty of Medicine and became a specialist in Internal Medicine in 1990.
- In 1995, he received his hematology sub-specialty from Ph.D. - Japan Mie School of Medicine.
- Completing his military service at Gühane Military Medical Academy in 1996, he was appointed as Associate Professor in the Department of Hematology in Ege University Faculty of Medicine in 1997.
- He has special interest in areas such as Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments.
- He has written 41 articles and case reports published in journals scanned by SCI, 7 articles and case reports published in peer-reviewed and periodical journals, and 112 papers presented at national and international meetings.
HematologistHead of Department, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Burhan Ferhanoğlu is a hematologist with 40+ years of experience.
- He is a member of the Turkish Society of Hematology, International Society of Hematology, European Hematology Association, American Society of Hematology and European Bone Marrow Transplantation Society.
- He graduated from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1978, completed his residency in internal medicine from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1982 and fellowship in hematology from Istanbul University, Istanbul in 1988.
- Dr. Burhan has conducted studies at the department of hematology and oncology at the University of Texas in 1990 and 1991.
- He made investigations at the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle in 1992.
- He has bagged many awards due to his contribution in the medical field.
HematologistSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Gulsan Sucak is a Hematologist with more than 32 years of experience in the field.
- She is a reputed member of various organizations such as the Turkish Hematology Association, Hematology Specialist Association, Turkish Blood Banks & Transfusion Association, etc.
- She completed her graduation from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 1981, and specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Department of Internal Diseases - Internal Diseases and minor specialization from Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Hematology Department - Hematology.
- She has won many awards for her research work and dedication in the field of Hematology.
- Dr. Sucak is well-versed with Acute Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment, Lymphoma Treatments, Bleeding Disorders, and other related Hematological Disease Treatments, etc.
- She has published several papers in National and International Journals.
Aplastic Anemia Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Aplastic Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Aplastic anemia is the condition seen when your body stops the production of enough red blood cells. This condition makes you fatigue and you will be more prone to infection and uncontrolled bleeding.
If not treated, aplastic anemia can increase the risk of serious infection, bleeding, heart problems and other complications
Common symptoms of aplastic anemia includes fatigue or weakness, bruising or early bleeding, shortness of breath, recurrent infection, flu like symptoms, headache, fever due to infection and appearance of red dots which indicates prensece of bleeding under skin.
Aplastic anemia is a life threatening condition and it has got very high death rate if it is not treated. The overall rate of survival is about 80 percent in patients of age under 20. Recently, there has been a lot of improvement in aplastic anemia.
Even though aplastic anemia is not a malignant disease it can be a very serious condition especially if the bone marrow is affected and few blood cells are left in circulation.
Aplastic anemia can be develop in people of any ages but it is most commonly seen in adolscents, young people and elderly. Both men and women can have this form of anemia.
The most common cause of aplastic anemia is your immune system which is attacking the stem cells present in your bone marrow, other factors which can injure bone marrow and affect the production of red blood cells are the radio and chemotherapy treatment.
Anemia is not painful person having anemia may experience some symptoms such as tiredness, increased need of sleep, weakness, light headiness, irritability, headache, pale skin, difficulty in breathing or chest pain.
Aplastic anemia can be seen in any age but it is most commonly seen in adolescence and young patients who have severe aplastic anemia.
Aplastic anemia is not always a disability because it can be treated by bone marrow or stem cell transplantation.
During the Aplastic Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
If your doctor can identify the cause of aplastic anemia and treat it then the condition may go away.
Treatment for aplastic anemia might include medications, blood transfusions or a stem cell transplant, also known as a bone marrow transplant.
The procedure of bone marrow transplant will take around one to two hours to complete.
A bone marrow transplant is usually done after chemotherapy and radiation is complete. The stem cells are delivered into your bloodstream, usually through a tube called a central venous catheter. The process is similar to getting a blood transfusion. The stem cells travel through the blood into the bone marrow.
After Aplastic Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The time depends on the patient and the transplant type, but it's usually about 2 to 6 week.
In the initial days you may feel weak and tired for six months to year after the procedure. The recovery time of the procedure is different for every person.
You have to follow all instructions to prevent yourself from getting infections you should do thorough hand washing especially during the first six months after the surgery.
Complications of aplastic anemia incudes mouth and throat pain, nausea, vomiting, infection, graft failure, intestinal problems etc.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Aplastic Anemia
FAQ videos related to Aplastic Anemia
What is the price of Aplastic Anemia in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Aplastic Anemia in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 24000 to USD 36000, approximately 54% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 44000 to USD 66000, approximately 15% lower than Turkey
- Germany, USD 160000 to USD 240000, approximately 208% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 105600 to USD 158400, approximately 103% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 112000 to USD 168000, approximately 115% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 48000 to USD 72000, approximately 8% lower than Turkey