Aplastic Anemia Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Aplastic Anemia?
Aplastic Anemia is a rare blood disorder in which the body stops producing the required number of blood cells.
How is the Procedure Performed?
If required, the treatment for Aplastic Anemia includes medications and blood transfusions followed by bone marrow transplants.
Who is the Right Doctor for Aplastic Anemia Treatment?
A haematologist is a specialist in diagnosing blood disorders and hence, the right doctor for diagnosing and treating Aplastic Anemia.
What tests are required?
Tests that may suggest the presence of Aplastic Anemia are -
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) test
- Reticulocyte count
- Bone marrow tests
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Depending on the age factor, the five-year survival rate lies between 80-85%.
Early signs of Aplastic Anemia include -
- Fast heart rate
- Frequent infections
- Shortness of breath
Cost related to Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Aplastic Anemia||USD 49500 to USD 60500|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 49500 to USD 60500|
|Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant||USD 49500 to USD 60500|
Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Thailand
Popular Cities in Thailand for Aplastic Anemia Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Aplastic Anemia Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Aplastic Anemia Treatment in Thailand
HematologistConsultant, 12 years of experience
- Dr. Piya Rujkijyanont is one of the famous Hematology oncologists in Thailand. with experience of 12 years.
- His expertise is Pediatric Oncology and Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation
- The doctor completed M.D ( First class honours), Faculty of Medicine, from Pramongkutklao Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 2001 and Diplomate of the American Subboard of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, in 2013.
- He also did a fellowship in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, from The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada and St.Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Tennessee, USA
- Dr. Piya has been associated with many hospitals over the course of his illustrious and experienced career.
- His various research articles and papers were submitted in international and national journals.
Assoc. Prof. Col. Dr. Wichean Mongkonsritragoon
HematologistConsultant, 37 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Col. Dr. Wichean Mongkonsritragoon is one of the renowned Hematologist-Oncologist specializing in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of blood diseases and cancers.
- He has 37 years of rich experience in his field.
- His specialization lies in stem cell transplantation and hematologic malignancy.
- After completing his M.D., Faculty of Medicine from Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1985, he did a Diploma of The Thai Board of Hematology, in 1990.
- He also gained a Fellowship in Anatomic / Clinic Pathology from Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota, USA, in 1997.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Assoc. Prof. Vichien Srimuninnimit
HematologistAssociate Professor, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Vichien Srimuninnimit is one of the best oncologists and hematologists having 30+ years of experience in this field.
- He is dexterous in diagnosing and treating cancers in adults using chemo, hormonal, biological, and targeted therapies.
- His area of expertise is medical oncology.
- His articles and papers are published in Journals of reputed importance.
- He held the post of President of Thai Society of Clinical Oncology
- He was appointed as Clinical Fellow (Medical Oncology), 1991 and Clinical Research fellow (Medical Oncology) at MD Anderson Cancer Centre and Medical College of Virginia, USA, respectively.
- He pursued MD (First class) and FRCP (Board of Internal Medicine), from the Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1982 and 1987, respectively.
Aplastic Anemia Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Aplastic Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Aplastic anemia is the condition seen when your body stops the production of enough red blood cells. This condition makes you fatigue and you will be more prone to infection and uncontrolled bleeding.
If not treated, aplastic anemia can increase the risk of serious infection, bleeding, heart problems and other complications
Common symptoms of aplastic anemia includes fatigue or weakness, bruising or early bleeding, shortness of breath, recurrent infection, flu like symptoms, headache, fever due to infection and appearance of red dots which indicates prensece of bleeding under skin.
Aplastic anemia is a life threatening condition and it has got very high death rate if it is not treated. The overall rate of survival is about 80 percent in patients of age under 20. Recently, there has been a lot of improvement in aplastic anemia.
Even though aplastic anemia is not a malignant disease it can be a very serious condition especially if the bone marrow is affected and few blood cells are left in circulation.
Aplastic anemia can be develop in people of any ages but it is most commonly seen in adolscents, young people and elderly. Both men and women can have this form of anemia.
The most common cause of aplastic anemia is your immune system which is attacking the stem cells present in your bone marrow, other factors which can injure bone marrow and affect the production of red blood cells are the radio and chemotherapy treatment.
Anemia is not painful person having anemia may experience some symptoms such as tiredness, increased need of sleep, weakness, light headiness, irritability, headache, pale skin, difficulty in breathing or chest pain.
Aplastic anemia can be seen in any age but it is most commonly seen in adolescence and young patients who have severe aplastic anemia.
Aplastic anemia is not always a disability because it can be treated by bone marrow or stem cell transplantation.
During the Aplastic Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
If your doctor can identify the cause of aplastic anemia and treat it then the condition may go away.
Treatment for aplastic anemia might include medications, blood transfusions or a stem cell transplant, also known as a bone marrow transplant.
The procedure of bone marrow transplant will take around one to two hours to complete.
A bone marrow transplant is usually done after chemotherapy and radiation is complete. The stem cells are delivered into your bloodstream, usually through a tube called a central venous catheter. The process is similar to getting a blood transfusion. The stem cells travel through the blood into the bone marrow.
After Aplastic Anemia Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The time depends on the patient and the transplant type, but it's usually about 2 to 6 week.
In the initial days you may feel weak and tired for six months to year after the procedure. The recovery time of the procedure is different for every person.
You have to follow all instructions to prevent yourself from getting infections you should do thorough hand washing especially during the first six months after the surgery.
Complications of aplastic anemia incudes mouth and throat pain, nausea, vomiting, infection, graft failure, intestinal problems etc.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Aplastic Anemia
FAQ videos related to Aplastic Anemia
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Aplastic Anemia in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Aplastic Anemia in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 24000 to USD 36000, approximately 45% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 52000 to USD 78000, approximately 18% higher than Thailand
- Germany, USD 160000 to USD 240000, approximately 264% higher than Thailand
- Israel, USD 105600 to USD 158400, approximately 140% higher than Thailand
- Singapore, USD 112000 to USD 168000, approximately 155% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 48000 to USD 72000, approximately 9% higher than Thailand