Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) is a surgical procedure to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In ACDF an incision is involved in the procedure, particularly in the throat area to remove the disc, then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
Who is the Right Doctor for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
For Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, both Neurosurgeons and Orthopaedic Spine Surgeons are the right doctors.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate of ACDF is between 93 to 100%
The associated side effects of Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion may include, Hoarseness in voice, swallowing difficulties etc.
Cost related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Anterior Cervical Discectomy||USD 9720 to USD 11880|
|Cervical Spine Surgery||USD 12600 to USD 15400|
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 8 Hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Malaysia
Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Gleneagles Hospital, Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading hospitals in Malaysia accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the highest international quality accreditation in terms of patient safety and health care services.
- Established in 1996, the hospital is delivering healthcare and excellence for over 25 years.
- The Hospital is particularly known for its Cardiology, Oncology, and Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery.
- It provides comprehensive medical and surgical procedures such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, ENT, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Neurosurgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Surgery to mention a few.
- Gleneagles Hospital has one of the most advanced technologies like Gamma Knife and Da Vinci Si Surgery System.
- A well-equipped Imaging Department like Ultrasound Examination, Computed Tomography Scan (C.T. Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Non-vascular Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and General Radiography.
- The Hospital also received several awards namely, the 'International Hospital of the Year,' and 'Highly Commended for Excellence in Customer Service' award from the prestigious International Medical Travel Journal in 2018. It also received the 'Best Health Screening Provider in Asia Pacific' by the Global Health and Travel Awards 2019.
- Several services are provided for international patients such as Visa, flight booking, airport transfer, accommodation, air evacuation & repatriation, doctor referral and appointment, cost estimation, emergency care, and sightseeing.
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
Doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Malaysia
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Paramaswaran Suppiah is a leading and a highly trained Spine Surgeon with +40 years of experience.
- In 1981, he completed his MD from the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia and then in 1988, he earned a fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK.
- Dr. Suppiah is a specialist in spine injury and treating sports injury. Some of the surgeries he performs are, motion-preserving lumbar and cervical spine surgery, complex spinal reconstruction, revision spinal surgery and minimally-invasive spinal decompression and fusion surgery. He also treats spinal cord tumours and administers stem cell therapy in spinal cord injury.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Harwant Singh is a leading Spine Surgeon with +20 years of experience in the field of orthopedics.
- He completed his MD from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia and then did M.Ch from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom and two fellowships from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom and the International Center for Orthopaedic Education. He was a Fulbright Fellow in 2001 and a Visiting Fellow in Healthcare Ethics at Oxford in 2009.
- Dr. Singh is an expert at spine surgery, with particular interest in minimally-invasive spine surgery. He holds many patents in new spine technology.
- He has contributed extensively to 53 peer-reviwed journals, and 51 peer-reviewed indexed abstracts. He has contributed several chapters to spine reference books.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 25 years of experience
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng is a well-known Spine Surgeon having 25 years of experience.
- He performs procedures like Orthopedic trauma surgery, Spine surgery, Spinal deformity surgery, Spinal degenerative diseases, Spinal fusion surgery and Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- He is a member of the Malaysian Medical Council, the World Society for Endoscopic, Navigated & Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery (WENMISS), the Malaysia Spine Society, the Malaysia Orthopaedic Association and the AO Spine.
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng has completed an MBBS (1996) from the Manipal Academy of higher education (MAHE), India.
- He did MS (2005) from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- He has a Fellowship (2008) in Spine Surgery from Hong Kong University.
- Dr. Saw Lim Beng is well-versed in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and Bahasa Malaysia.
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mild cases may not need treatment. But, moderate to severe cases that are left untreated can lead to pain and increasing deformity, as well as potential heart and lung damage.
Also, if it is the case of a young child, the deformity increases drastically with hormone changes happening during puberty.
Vertebral fusion at more than one level may also be a risk factor for dysphagia. In summary, it appears from this study that difficulty swallowing after spinal surgery is an effect associated with anterior cervical spine (neck) surgery much more often than with lumbar (low back) spine surgery.
However, this gets normal after 5-7 days of the surgery.
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is a surgery to reduce or eliminate chronic pain in the neck and back due to a problem with the discs. This surgery removes the degenerative or herniated disc from the neck
Anterior cervical disectomy is needed to relieve the pressure on the nerve root or on the spinal cord by removing the ruptured disc, in some cases there may also be need of some plates or screws to stable the spine.
This treatment is thought as an effective treatment for nerve root or cord compression which is caused due to herniated disc, according to some recent searches this procedure has not been found to be necessary.
Yes, you can get your disectomy without fusion, anterior cervical discectomy without fusion is a safe and effective treatment for cervical disk herniation.
Some of the alternatives to disectomy surgery are excersises, physiotherapy, medications and injections. When these treatment fails then doctor will suggest you to go for disectomy surgery.
During the Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will last for 1-2 hours and hospital stay would be for 2 days.
Discectomy surgery will need around one to three hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Anterior disectomy surgery is being done by an orthopaedics or neurosurgeon.
An incision is being made in front of the neck, the skin incision may be made through one of the natural folds of your neck. Then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
After Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Pain Management at Home after ACDF. Some pain is likely after discharge from the hospital. Narcotic pain medication is usually prescribed to help reduce the pain in the first 1 to 4 weeks after surgery.
After the shower, patients should remove the bandage and dry off the surgical area. Patients should not take a bath until the wound has completely healed, which is usually around 2 weeks after surgery.
The fusion should be solid by about 3 months and the newly fused bone should continue to grow stronger for up to about a year. The surgeon may take X-rays to determine the fusion's progress.
3 Weeks to 3 Months After ACDF Surgery. By 3 weeks, patients usually are cleared to do some light work around the home. Lifting items that weigh more than 10 pounds is now allowed.
You may need to wear a neck brace for a while. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to get back to your usual activities, but it may depend on what kind of surgery you had.
The fusion can take anywhere from three months to a year to become solid after surgery, and you could still have some symptoms during that time.
Your doctor might recommend that you wear a cervical collar to support your neck for the first four to six weeks.
If you're considering an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF) surgery for neck pain, it's common to worry about how much your neck will be able to move after the procedure.
After all, one or more of your neck's mobile joints would be fused solid and cease to move. However, this doesn't mean that you will NOT be able to move your neck at all.
It will take around four to six weeks to recover after surgery and till that time you have to avoid doing any heavy strenuous activity. Till that time you have to wear a collar to stabilze your neck.
Some of the common complications of the surgery includes respiratory problem, other problem includes long term pain at the site of bone graft, infection of the incision, infection of the vertebrae and bleeding. These complications are not fatal and they can be treated effectively.
After surgery patient will experience some pain at the incision site, pain killers are usually given to get relief from pain.
If you notice the sign of infection such as redness or draining at the incision site then you should get check with your doctor. The time taken to return back to normal activities are different for ever patient.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
FAQ videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Turkey, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 11% higher than Malaysia
- Thailand, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 7% lower than Malaysia
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 131% higher than Malaysia
- India, USD 4320 to USD 6480, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 85% higher than Malaysia