Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost In GermanyChat
What is Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) is a surgical procedure to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In ACDF an incision is involved in the procedure, particularly in the throat area to remove the disc, then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
Who is the Right Doctor for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
For Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, both Neurosurgeons and Orthopaedic Spine Surgeons are the right doctors.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate of ACDF is between 93 to 100%
The associated side effects of Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion may include, Hoarseness in voice, swallowing difficulties etc.
Cost related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Anterior Cervical Discectomy||USD 22500 to USD 27500|
|Cervical Spine Surgery||USD 16200 to USD 19800|
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Germany
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Germany
NeurosurgeonChief, 35 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Jürgen Kiwit is a neurosurgeon with 35+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery.
- He is a member of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons), WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) and Mayo Alumni German Speaking League.
- Dr. Kiwit completed his graduation followed by post-graduation.
- He did his training in neurosurgery from prestigious hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dieter Schaser
Spine SurgeonHead of Department, 24 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dieter Schaser is a spine surgeon with 24+ years of experience.
- His clinical focus includes intervertebral disc surgery, spinal stabilizations, spinal corrections, spinal tumor extirpations and treatment of spinal inflammations.
- He did graduation from University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and did his internship at the University of Regensburg.
- Dr. Schaser is a member of numerous medical and scientific associations, including German Trauma Society, German Society of Surgery, German Spinal Society, German Society of Orthopedics and Trauma and Scientific Orthopedic Society.
- He has been awarded the prize by the orthopedic society in the field of orthopedic research in microvascular medicine.
Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Disch
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Disch is a spine surgeon with 18+ years of experience.
- His clinical expertise includes degenerative scoliosis, cervical degenerative disc disease, cervical disc herniation, cervical myelopathy, cervical stenosis, compression fractures and degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- He is a member of German Society for Spine Surgery.
- Dr. Disch completed graduation from Technische Universität München followed by post-graduation.
- He has a comparable number of publications in German specialist journals.
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mild cases may not need treatment. But, moderate to severe cases that are left untreated can lead to pain and increasing deformity, as well as potential heart and lung damage.
Also, if it is the case of a young child, the deformity increases drastically with hormone changes happening during puberty.
Vertebral fusion at more than one level may also be a risk factor for dysphagia. In summary, it appears from this study that difficulty swallowing after spinal surgery is an effect associated with anterior cervical spine (neck) surgery much more often than with lumbar (low back) spine surgery.
However, this gets normal after 5-7 days of the surgery.
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is a surgery to reduce or eliminate chronic pain in the neck and back due to a problem with the discs. This surgery removes the degenerative or herniated disc from the neck
Anterior cervical disectomy is needed to relieve the pressure on the nerve root or on the spinal cord by removing the ruptured disc, in some cases there may also be need of some plates or screws to stable the spine.
This treatment is thought as an effective treatment for nerve root or cord compression which is caused due to herniated disc, according to some recent searches this procedure has not been found to be necessary.
Yes, you can get your disectomy without fusion, anterior cervical discectomy without fusion is a safe and effective treatment for cervical disk herniation.
Some of the alternatives to disectomy surgery are excersises, physiotherapy, medications and injections. When these treatment fails then doctor will suggest you to go for disectomy surgery.
During the Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will last for 1-2 hours and hospital stay would be for 2 days.
Discectomy surgery will need around one to three hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Anterior disectomy surgery is being done by an orthopaedics or neurosurgeon.
An incision is being made in front of the neck, the skin incision may be made through one of the natural folds of your neck. Then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
After Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Pain Management at Home after ACDF. Some pain is likely after discharge from the hospital. Narcotic pain medication is usually prescribed to help reduce the pain in the first 1 to 4 weeks after surgery.
After the shower, patients should remove the bandage and dry off the surgical area. Patients should not take a bath until the wound has completely healed, which is usually around 2 weeks after surgery.
The fusion should be solid by about 3 months and the newly fused bone should continue to grow stronger for up to about a year. The surgeon may take X-rays to determine the fusion's progress.
3 Weeks to 3 Months After ACDF Surgery. By 3 weeks, patients usually are cleared to do some light work around the home. Lifting items that weigh more than 10 pounds is now allowed.
You may need to wear a neck brace for a while. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to get back to your usual activities, but it may depend on what kind of surgery you had.
The fusion can take anywhere from three months to a year to become solid after surgery, and you could still have some symptoms during that time.
Your doctor might recommend that you wear a cervical collar to support your neck for the first four to six weeks.
If you're considering an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF) surgery for neck pain, it's common to worry about how much your neck will be able to move after the procedure.
After all, one or more of your neck's mobile joints would be fused solid and cease to move. However, this doesn't mean that you will NOT be able to move your neck at all.
It will take around four to six weeks to recover after surgery and till that time you have to avoid doing any heavy strenuous activity. Till that time you have to wear a collar to stabilze your neck.
Some of the common complications of the surgery includes respiratory problem, other problem includes long term pain at the site of bone graft, infection of the incision, infection of the vertebrae and bleeding. These complications are not fatal and they can be treated effectively.
After surgery patient will experience some pain at the incision site, pain killers are usually given to get relief from pain.
If you notice the sign of infection such as redness or draining at the incision site then you should get check with your doctor. The time taken to return back to normal activities are different for ever patient.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
FAQ videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries compared to Germany is:
- Turkey, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 52% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 60% lower than Germany
- India, USD 4320 to USD 6480, approximately 78% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 20% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 8640 to USD 12960, approximately 57% lower than Germany