Angioplasty 1 Stent Treatment Cost In South AfricaChat
What is Angioplasty 1 Stent?
Angioplasty is often combined with the placement of a small wire mesh tube called a stent. The stent helps prop the artery open, decreasing its chance of narrowing again. Most stents are coated with medication to help keep your artery open (drug-eluting stents). Rarely, bare-metal stents may be used.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The stent, which is collapsed around a balloon at the tip of the catheter, is guided through the artery to the blockage. At the blockage, the balloon is inflated and the spring-like stent expands and locks into place inside the artery.
Who is the Right Doctor for Angioplasty 1 Stent Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for Angioplasty is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate varies between 80-91%.
Top hospitals and doctors for Angioplasty 1 Stent Treatment in South AfricaFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Angioplasty 1 Stent Treatment in South Africa
- Cormed Clinic was established by Dr Corrie Lategan in October 1992 as a private hospital with shareholders and directors managing the company.
- It is one of the leading hospitals in the industrial city of Vanderbijlpark, South Africa.
- It was originally a day clinic but gradually offers medical, general surgery, obstetrics, and after-hours consultation services.
- The Clinic has an X-Ray department, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Gastroscopy Clinic, Maternity and Medical Wards.
- It is known for its friendly and personal services with highly trained nurses, administrators, and housekeeping staff who are dedicated to providing care and support to every patient.
- Life Rosepark Hospital is part of the Life Healthcare group of hospitals that is dedicated to the well-being of patients with quality care and world-class facilities.
- The Hospital has over 20 specialised medical and surgical departments like Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Endoscopic Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Maxillofacial surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology & Clinical Radiation, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery, and Urology to mention some of them.
- Equipped with modern and sophisticated facilities, it has the latest diagnostic and monitoring technologies that reflect the high standard of quality and care it adopts.
- Busamed Modderfontein Private Hospital is part of an award-winning South African Busamed private hospital group that offers quality, cost-effective, and innovative services with a friendly, safe, and caring environment.
- It is particularly known for its advanced Orthopaedic and Oncology Centre.
- It also specialises in comprehensive departments such as Adult & Paediatric Cardiology, Cardio-thoracic Surgery, ENT Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine, General Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Maxillo-Facial & Oral Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Paediatric Intensivist, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Sports Medicine and many more.
- To get the best treatment and outcome for patients, the Hospital is equipped with modern technologies and equipment like PET, MRI, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry, General and Specialised Radiology, and Mammography.
- Additionally, the Hospital has supplementary services like Audiology, Dietician, Occupational Therapy, Pathology, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Orthotist/Prosthetist, Renal Dialysis, and Speech Therapy.
Doctors for Angioplasty 1 Stent Treatment in South Africa
Interventional CardiologistConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Saleem Dawood is a well-known Interventional Cardiologist in South Africa.
- He has 30 years of rich experience in his field.
- After completing his MBChB from the University of KwaZulu-Natal in 1992, he did FCP from Colleges of Medicine, South Africa, in 1997.
- He has gained proficient skills and expertise in his field.
- He aims to provide the best medical treatment to every patient.
Interventional CardiologistConsultant, 39 years of experience
- Dr. Zaid Mohamed is a well-known Interventional Cardiologist.
- He has been practicing for the past 39 years.
- His areas of expertise are Echocardiology, Pacemakers, Angiography, etc.
- He completed his MBChB from the University of Cape Town in 1983 and FCP from Colleges of Medicine, South Africa, in 1999.
- Many patients recommend him because of satisfactory results.
Interventional CardiologistConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Parmanand Naran is a well-known Interventional Cardiologist in South Africa.
- He holds 18 years of experience in treating patients with heart disorders.
- His areas of specialization are angioplasty and stenting.
- In 2004, he completed his MBBCh from the University of Witwatersrand and did Diploma in HIV Management from Colleges of Medicine, South Africa, in 2007.
- He also did MMed in Internal Medicine from the University of Pretoria in 2012 and received a Certificate in Cardiology from Colleges of Medicine, South Africa, in 2014.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Interventional Cardiologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals