Anal Cancer Treatment Cost In South AfricaChat
What is Anal Cancer?
the cancer arising in the lining of anal canal is known as anal cancer. it is quite uncommon in occurrence. The anal canal is the end part of the rectum and is a small tube through which stool is passed out of the body. the cancer of anus area shows symptoms like rectal bleeding and anal pain.
How is the Procedure Performed?
the treatment of anal cancer is generally a combination of chemotherapy and radiation. surgery is done in early stages to remove cancerous lesion, or in case the cancer is not responding to any of the treatments. Immunotherapy and palliative care is required as basic function of defecation is affected.
Who is the Right Doctor for Anal Cancer Treatment?
the right doctor for treatment of anal cancer is a gastroenterologist, general surgeon, medical and surgical oncologist.
tests for the diagnosis of anal cancer are physical examination, ultrasound and biopsy. imagining test such as CT scan, MRI, and PET scan are required.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
the five-year survival rate for early diagnosed and localised anal cancer is around 82%, whereas in case of spread to surrounding tissue and lymph node involvement the survival rate dips to 45%.
The cost of Anal Cancer may include:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [Digital rectal examination (DRE), Anoscopy, Biopsy, Ultrasound, or X-ray.]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery (Cryosurgery, Laser surgery, Electrosurgery, and Microscopically controlled surgery)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Anal Cancer Treatment in South Africa
Popular Cities in 1 for Anal Cancer Treatment are:
Top hospitals and doctors for Anal Cancer Treatment in South AfricaFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Anal Cancer Treatment in South Africa
- Cormed Clinic was established by Dr Corrie Lategan in October 1992 as a private hospital with shareholders and directors managing the company.
- It is one of the leading hospitals in the industrial city of Vanderbijlpark, South Africa.
- It was originally a day clinic but gradually offers medical, general surgery, obstetrics, and after-hours consultation services.
- The Clinic has an X-Ray department, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Gastroscopy Clinic, Maternity and Medical Wards.
- It is known for its friendly and personal services with highly trained nurses, administrators, and housekeeping staff who are dedicated to providing care and support to every patient.
- Life Rosepark Hospital is part of the Life Healthcare group of hospitals that is dedicated to the well-being of patients with quality care and world-class facilities.
- The Hospital has over 20 specialised medical and surgical departments like Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Endoscopic Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Maxillofacial surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology & Clinical Radiation, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery, and Urology to mention some of them.
- Equipped with modern and sophisticated facilities, it has the latest diagnostic and monitoring technologies that reflect the high standard of quality and care it adopts.
- Busamed Modderfontein Private Hospital is part of an award-winning South African Busamed private hospital group that offers quality, cost-effective, and innovative services with a friendly, safe, and caring environment.
- It is particularly known for its advanced Orthopaedic and Oncology Centre.
- It also specialises in comprehensive departments such as Adult & Paediatric Cardiology, Cardio-thoracic Surgery, ENT Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine, General Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Maxillo-Facial & Oral Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics, Paediatric Intensivist, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Sports Medicine and many more.
- To get the best treatment and outcome for patients, the Hospital is equipped with modern technologies and equipment like PET, MRI, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry, General and Specialised Radiology, and Mammography.
- Additionally, the Hospital has supplementary services like Audiology, Dietician, Occupational Therapy, Pathology, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Orthotist/Prosthetist, Renal Dialysis, and Speech Therapy.
Doctors for Anal Cancer Treatment in South Africa
Medical OncologistConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Elizabeth Murray, a registered specialist radiation oncologist with a special interest in breast cancer, is an oncologist in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, focusing exclusively on breast cancer treatment in her clinical practice.
- He has a private practice in which services include chemo, hormonal, biological and radiotherapy.
- Elizabeth practices evidence-based treatment and care of breast cancer patients.
- She believes that breast cancer patients should be discussed at multidisciplinary clinics or panels and be assessed pre operatively by a specialist surgeon and specialist oncologist.
- She is an active Member: South African Society of Clinical and Radiation Oncology and South African Society of Medical Oncology.
- The doctor has various publications under her name.
Anal Cancer Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals