Aicd Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Aicd?
An Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) is used to monitor and treat patients having malignant tachyarrhythmia protecting against sudden cardiac death.
How is the Procedure Performed?
AICD procedure involves using a sedative that relaxes the individual and allows them to remain aware of the surroundings. The heartbeat is regulated by delivering shocks to the heart whenever an abnormal heartbeat occurs.
Who is the Right Doctor for Aicd?
The right doctor to consult for Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators is a cardiologist and an Electrophysiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of AICD is usually high and varies between 82-90%.
The life expectancy of patients with an AICD is generally around 5 to 7 years or longer, depending on usage and the type of device.
The cost of AICD may include:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Chest x-ray, ECG, Cardiac catheterization, blood tests, etc.)
Type of implant being used
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Antiarrhythmics, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
Note- Patients with ICD should take special care and carry an identification card since a few factors, such as the anti-theft system, may interact with the ICD Device.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as Bleeding from the incision or catheter insertion site may happen)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Aicd in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 22 Hospitals and doctors for Aicd in United Arab Emirates
Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai was established in 2015 as a multi-speciality hospital and is one of the five such hospitals of the Thumbay Group.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is a leading choice of patients as it has earned a reputation for offering world-class healthcare to people from across the globe. The hospital boasts of having treated patients from +175 countries and is accredited by the Ministry of Health, UAE, the Medical Tourism Association, Association of Academic Health Centers, the International Hospital Federation and the Asian Hospital Federation among others.
- It has also received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Dubai Human Development & Appreciation Award and Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award.
- The doctors and medical staff themselves hail from +20 different countries and speak over 50 languages.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is accredited by the International Board of Medicine & Surgery, the International Hospital Federation and the Medical Tourism Association and other bodies too.
- There are +20 specialities at the JCI-accredited hospital.
- The facility has a capacity of 150 beds and has a dedicated Marhaba Lounge which is set up to offer personalised care in less time. This is a dedicated service aimed at minimising time loss and inconvenience of patients. Patients opting for this package are given priority with registration, consultation, examination/diagnosis, surgeries, documentation and billing, thus making the patient's health visit at Thumbay Hospital a pleasant experience.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is equipped with the latest medical equipments such as, Picture Archiving and Communication System for radiology, labs that are accredited by the College of American Pathologists, individual waiting rooms for men and women and category-wise wards as per the budget of the patient.
- The hospital's dedicated medical tourism section offers services to overseas patients by resolving their queries and addressing other concerns.
- The hospital is modern and equipped with Wifi. It is clean, spacious and has shops, ATMs and a lounge area.
Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai is one of the pioneering healthcare providers that serves both national and international patients with personalised and evidence-based medical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with JCI accreditations. It is also CAP Accredited.
- The physicians are highly-skilled with board certification and accreditation and from different parts of the globe.
- It provides a high standard medical and surgical treatment with state-of-the-art technologies to ensure patients receive world-class care and exceptional comfort.
- It is a choice of destination for people from the GCC, North and West Africa, China and some European countries for preventive, tertiary, and secondary healthcare needs.
- Some of its numerous achievements and awards include Service Olympian Awards, 2017 Stevie Silver Winner on International Business, 2018 Winner of Annual Health Magazine Awards.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience.
- It has a partnership with insurance agencies like NOW Health International, NEXT Care, NAS, Mednet etc
Saudi German Hospital, Dubai
- The Saudi German Hospital, Dubai belongs to one of the largest private healthcare hospital groups known as the Saudi German Hospital (SGH) Group in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The SGH Group is a trusted leading healthcare services provider in MENA.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital that provides tertiary care in Dubai and UAE.
- It provides a one-stop medical facilities and packages for international patients.
- Its popular procedures include Eye Surgery, GI Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery, Cancer Treatment, Spine Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery, Heart Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Uro Surgery, and Neurosurgery.
- It is the first hospital in UAE to receive Trauma cases with the Dubai Ambulance office established in the premises.
- The Hospital's management of high quality with international standard is evident through its several international accreditations like JCI, CAP, ISO 9001: 2015 on Quality Management System and ISO 14001: 2015 on Environmental Management System.
- It received a Gold Certification for Patient Centered Care Excellence from Planetree International-USA.
- Its Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation also received an accreditation from CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- It has a partnership with numerous insurance agencies such as Axa, Amity, Daman, MSH International, Oman etc.
Doctors for Aicd in United Arab Emirates
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Sundar Kumar, with +20 years of experience is a leading Consultant Interventional Cardiologist in Dubai.
- He is a graduate, MD and DM degree holder. His initial cardiology was done in Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Bangalore, after which he completed fellowship training in interventional cardiology the Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud (ICPS) in Massy, France.
- Dr. Kumar has performed a wide variety of cardiac cases, some of which have been complex coronary interventional procedures such as, trans radial complex coronary interventions, pacemaker implantation, transthoracic echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, stress echocardiography, ECG Holter Monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and interventional cardiac procedures including cardiac catherisation, angiography & angioplasty/stenting.
- He has been active in continuing medical education and has published scholarly researched articles for international journals.
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 16 years of experience
- Dr. Shadi Idris is a Cardiologist, based in Abu Dhabi with 16+ years of experience.
- He has graduated from the Aleppo University, Syria, followed by and his Cardiology training program at the Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan, USA. Later, he pursued his electrophysiology fellowship at the reputed Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Dr. Idris is American Board Certified in Cardiology as well as in Clinical Electrophysiology. His areas of expertise lie in managing heart rhythm problems & clinical electrophysiology procedures including ablations and cardiac device implants.
- Under his credit, there are both national and international publications in accredited indexed journals.
- He is also actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific meetings, Conferences, CDE's and worldwide sessions to talk about heart rhythm problems and their management.
Before Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
AICD is known as automatic implantable cardioverter-defibrillator this device is being used for monitoring the heart beat. This device delivers the electric impulse or shock to heart when it senses a life threatening change in the rhythm of heart.
AICD is just like pacemaker but there are some differences in them, the most important difference is that AICD is being used in those patients who are on high risk of having sudden cardiac arrest.
AICD is a device which is being inserted to the chest to help in fixing of the abnormal heart rhythms.
AICD is being implanted in your chest region this device is being used to monitor the abnormal heart rhythms or arrhythmia this device is also being used to treat some serious life threatening disorders.
Some arrhythmias can cause the heart to completely stop beating. The shock given by the AICD can make the heart start beating normally again.
During the Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The complete procedure will take only few hours to complete under local or general anaesthesia.
AICD surgery is being done by a cardiologist.
At the time of surgery you will be given light sedation along with local anaesthesia so that you can feel relax and comfortable during surgery. Then the area below your collar bone will be numbed with local anaesthesia, small cut of approx 5-8 cm is made for inserting the AICD, then the leads are then guided through a vein into the heart and then it is connected to a device after that the skin is stitched together and a small dressing is applied.
After Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Once you return back to your room your heart rhythm and blood pressure will be monitored and you will get an ECG and chest X ray will be done. You will need to be in bed rest for 1-4 hours or till next morning.
You can return back to your home one to two nights after surgery when your cardiologist will notice that you are progress.
Some of the risks of implantable cardioverter defibrillator includes bleeding from the incision site, damage to blood vessels at the site of catheter insertion, infection of the incision or catheter site, tearing of the heart muscle, collapsed lungs and dislodging of the leads which needs another procedure for repositioning it
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals