Aicd Cost In MalaysiaChat
What is Aicd?
An Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) is used to monitor and treat patients having malignant tachyarrhythmia protecting against sudden cardiac death.
How is the Procedure Performed?
AICD procedure involves using a sedative that relaxes the individual and allows them to remain aware of the surroundings. The heartbeat is regulated by delivering shocks to the heart whenever an abnormal heartbeat occurs.
Who is the Right Doctor for Aicd?
The right doctor to consult for Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators is a cardiologist and an Electrophysiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of AICD is usually high and varies between 82-90%.
The life expectancy of patients with an AICD is generally around 5 to 7 years or longer, depending on usage and the type of device.
The cost of AICD may include:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Chest x-ray, ECG, Cardiac catheterization, blood tests, etc.)
Type of implant being used
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Antiarrhythmics, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
Note- Patients with ICD should take special care and carry an identification card since a few factors, such as the anti-theft system, may interact with the ICD Device.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as Bleeding from the incision or catheter insertion site may happen)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Aicd in Malaysia
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|AICD||USD 25200 to USD 30800|
|CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)||USD 30600 to USD 37400|
Aicd in Malaysia
Popular Cities in Malaysia for Aicd are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Aicd in MalaysiaFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Aicd in Malaysia
Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur is a premier healthcare hospital that has been serving people from all over the world for 47 years.
- It is a one-stop integrated healthcare provider that specialises particularly in Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, and Paediatrics.
- Besides this, it has many medical and surgical departments like Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology & Interventional Radiology, Urology, Fertility Services – IVF, and Cranio-Facial Surgery.
- It is supported by cutting-edge technologies like Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerised Tomography (CT) scan, PET-CT, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, Image intensifier, Bone densitometry, Orthopantomography and other interventional procedures.
- It has the prestigious JCI accreditation along with a certification by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH). It is also a certified Baby-Friendly Hospital.
- The International Patient Centre (IPC) is available to assist international patients from admission to discharge along with airport transfers.
- Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur is a one-stop provider of integrated cosmetic surgery and aesthetic medicine.
- Managed by the Beverly Wilshire Group, it offers comprehensive services on Cosmetic Surgery, Aesthetic Medicine, Orthopaedics, Hair, Dentistry, and Wellness.
- It is accredited by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia and is an elite member of the Malaysian Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC).
- The Centre's top-notch quality and services are reflected in the various awards it has won such as The BrandLaureate - SMEs BestBrands Award in Specialist Beauty Medical Centre 2015 (Asia Pacific), Frost & Sullivan's Malaysia Excellence Award in Aesthetics Centre of the Year 2016, International Medical Travel Journal's Medical Travel Awards International Cosmetic Surgery Clinic of the Year 2018, and more recently, The BrandLaureate - SMEs BestBrands Award Man of The Year, Brand of the Year 2020.
- The Centre is equipped with cutting edge technologies and facilities that are world-class to give the best treatment and recovery for the patients.
Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru
- With 7 years of experience in the industry, Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre, Johor Bahru provides a one-stop centre for Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine.
- It offers diverse services all related to aesthetics such as Cosmetic Surgery, Aesthetic Medicine, Healthy Aging, Hair Restoration, and Fat Reduction.
- The Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and facilities to provide optimal results to patients.
- It is licensed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia and a member of the Malaysian Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC).
- The Centre is also a recipient of many awards such as The BrandLaureate - SMEs BestBrands Award Man of The Year & Brand of the Year 2020, Medical Travel Awards - International Cosmetic Surgery Clinic of the Year 2018, 2016, 2015 to mention a few.
Doctors for Aicd in Malaysia
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 30 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Tye Leng is a renowned cardiologist.
- She is adept in performing bypass surgeries and angioplasty.
- Her expertise is in the areas of heart diseases, congestive heart failure, and Arrhythmia.
- After completing her MBChB from National University of Ireland, she has done MRC, and Diploma in Cardiology from University of London (U.K.).
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Ahmad Nizar B Jamaluddin is a reputed and knowledgeable Cardiologist with 35 years of rich experience.
- His areas of specialization are Electrophysiology, CT Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy, etc.
- He completed MD from University Kebangsaan, Malaysia, in 1986, MRCP from Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom, in 1991, and Fellowship from American College of Cardiology in 2004.
- He was a member of the National Heart Association of Malaysia, Cardiology Credential Committee Academy of Medicine Malaysia, and the National Heart Association of Malaysia.
ElectrophysiologistConsultant, 13 years of experience
- Dr. Lim Chiao Wen is a well-known Cardiologist having experience of 13 years.
- She is adept in performing electrophysiology services, and specializes in syncope and arrhythmias.
- She has publications in reputed journals.
- She has completed MBChB from Glasgow (2007), MRCP from UK (2011), and was awarded Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology (FNHAM) from London.
Before Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
AICD is known as automatic implantable cardioverter-defibrillator this device is being used for monitoring the heart beat. This device delivers the electric impulse or shock to heart when it senses a life threatening change in the rhythm of heart.
AICD is just like pacemaker but there are some differences in them, the most important difference is that AICD is being used in those patients who are on high risk of having sudden cardiac arrest.
AICD is a device which is being inserted to the chest to help in fixing of the abnormal heart rhythms.
AICD is being implanted in your chest region this device is being used to monitor the abnormal heart rhythms or arrhythmia this device is also being used to treat some serious life threatening disorders.
Some arrhythmias can cause the heart to completely stop beating. The shock given by the AICD can make the heart start beating normally again.
During the Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The complete procedure will take only few hours to complete under local or general anaesthesia.
AICD surgery is being done by a cardiologist.
At the time of surgery you will be given light sedation along with local anaesthesia so that you can feel relax and comfortable during surgery. Then the area below your collar bone will be numbed with local anaesthesia, small cut of approx 5-8 cm is made for inserting the AICD, then the leads are then guided through a vein into the heart and then it is connected to a device after that the skin is stitched together and a small dressing is applied.
After Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Once you return back to your room your heart rhythm and blood pressure will be monitored and you will get an ECG and chest X ray will be done. You will need to be in bed rest for 1-4 hours or till next morning.
You can return back to your home one to two nights after surgery when your cardiologist will notice that you are progress.
Some of the risks of implantable cardioverter defibrillator includes bleeding from the incision site, damage to blood vessels at the site of catheter insertion, infection of the incision or catheter site, tearing of the heart muscle, collapsed lungs and dislodging of the leads which needs another procedure for repositioning it
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Aicd
More searches related to Aicd
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Aicd in other countries, compared to Malaysia?
Approximate price of Aicd in other countries compared to Malaysia is:
- Germany, USD 14800 to USD 22200, approximately 34% lower than Malaysia
- India, USD 11200 to USD 16800, approximately 50% lower than Malaysia
- Israel, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 68% lower than Malaysia