Aicd Cost In GermanyChat
What is Aicd?
An Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) is used to monitor and treat patients having malignant tachyarrhythmia protecting against sudden cardiac death.
How is the Procedure Performed?
AICD procedure involves using a sedative that relaxes the individual and allows them to remain aware of the surroundings. The heartbeat is regulated by delivering shocks to the heart whenever an abnormal heartbeat occurs.
Who is the Right Doctor for Aicd?
The right doctor to consult for Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators is a cardiologist and an Electrophysiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of AICD is usually high and varies between 82-90%.
The life expectancy of patients with an AICD is generally around 5 to 7 years or longer, depending on usage and the type of device.
The cost of AICD may include:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (Chest x-ray, ECG, Cardiac catheterization, blood tests, etc.)
Type of implant being used
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Antiarrhythmics, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
Note- Patients with ICD should take special care and carry an identification card since a few factors, such as the anti-theft system, may interact with the ICD Device.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as Bleeding from the incision or catheter insertion site may happen)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Aicd in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|AICD||USD 16650 to USD 20350|
Aicd in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Aicd are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Aicd in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Aicd in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Doctors for Aicd in Germany
Cardiac SurgeonHead of Department, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Ellen Hoffman is an experienced Cardiac surgeon with over +20 years of working in the field of treating heart and circulatory diseases.
- She holds the Fellowship of the European Society of Cardiology. She has been the President of the Congress on Interventional Cardiovascular Therapy (2012) of the German Society for Cardiology.
- During 1978--85, Dr.Hoffman studied medicine at the University of Heidelberg and also at the universities of Cambridge and Oxford. She completed her doctoral thesis from the Heidelberg University. She trained at LMU and also earned her teaching qualification.
- Dr.Hoffman is a reputed interventional cardiologist with focus on catheter ablation of arrhythmias. She also treats heart failure, valvular heart disease, cardiovascular diseases and heart muscle disease among a host of other treatments.
- She has to her credit several scholarly articles of popular journals. She is the reviewer for the International Editorial Board of the European Heart Journal, Circulation, AEP, JACC, JACC EP, JICE and Europace. She is an editorial board member of Circulation EP and Europace.
Before Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
AICD is known as automatic implantable cardioverter-defibrillator this device is being used for monitoring the heart beat. This device delivers the electric impulse or shock to heart when it senses a life threatening change in the rhythm of heart.
AICD is just like pacemaker but there are some differences in them, the most important difference is that AICD is being used in those patients who are on high risk of having sudden cardiac arrest.
AICD is a device which is being inserted to the chest to help in fixing of the abnormal heart rhythms.
AICD is being implanted in your chest region this device is being used to monitor the abnormal heart rhythms or arrhythmia this device is also being used to treat some serious life threatening disorders.
Some arrhythmias can cause the heart to completely stop beating. The shock given by the AICD can make the heart start beating normally again.
During the Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The complete procedure will take only few hours to complete under local or general anaesthesia.
AICD surgery is being done by a cardiologist.
At the time of surgery you will be given light sedation along with local anaesthesia so that you can feel relax and comfortable during surgery. Then the area below your collar bone will be numbed with local anaesthesia, small cut of approx 5-8 cm is made for inserting the AICD, then the leads are then guided through a vein into the heart and then it is connected to a device after that the skin is stitched together and a small dressing is applied.
After Aicd - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Once you return back to your room your heart rhythm and blood pressure will be monitored and you will get an ECG and chest X ray will be done. You will need to be in bed rest for 1-4 hours or till next morning.
You can return back to your home one to two nights after surgery when your cardiologist will notice that you are progress.
Some of the risks of implantable cardioverter defibrillator includes bleeding from the incision site, damage to blood vessels at the site of catheter insertion, infection of the incision or catheter site, tearing of the heart muscle, collapsed lungs and dislodging of the leads which needs another procedure for repositioning it
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Aicd
More searches related to Aicd
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Aicd in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Aicd in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 11200 to USD 16800, approximately 24% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 51% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 22400 to USD 33600, approximately 51% higher than Germany