Adenoidectomy Cost In GermanyChat
What is Adenoidectomy?
Adenoidectomy is the surgical removal of enlarged adenoids that may have happened due to allergies or infection.
How is the Procedure Performed?
For Adenoidectomy, the surgeon makes a small incision into the mouth to insert a small instrument for removing the adenoids. This surgical procedure may also be performed by cauterizing which involves burning a wound using a heated device to prevent the infection from spreading further. It is an outpatient procedure.
Who is the Right Doctor for Adenoidectomy?
An ENT surgeon is the right doctor to consult for Adenoidectomy.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The overall survival rate of Adenoidectomy lies above 80% depending on the degree of severity.
There are higher chances of swelling and pain post Adenoidectomy. It takes around two weeks for complete recovery after adenoidectomy.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Adenoidectomy in GermanyFilter
Showing 33 Hospitals and doctors for Adenoidectomy in Germany
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
St. Hedwig Hospital, Berlin
- The St. Hedwig Hospital (SHK), located on in Berlin was founded in 1846, making it one of the capital's oldest large hospitals in the country.
- The hospital has delivered core medical services to Berlin for over 150 years and is a part of the Alexianer Network.
- In 2017, it was ranked as one of Germany’s top 396 hospitals in the Focus news magazine.
- The hospital is a part of Charité University Medicine, Berlin, and acts as a teaching hospital for many aspiring German students.
- In 2008 the hospital was awarded the certificate of “Committed to Excellence EFCOM” and also recieved the seal of “Top Regional Hospital 2016” in Germany's largest hospital comparison.
- St. Hedwig Hospital is wheelchair-friendly access to all and patients without hearing or language skills can get support from the sign language interpreter available.
- Moreover, interpreter services are available for all non-native speakers if required along with foreign-speaking staff.
- Several books have been written about the rich history of the hospital such as Eva Brinkschulte, Thomas Knuth (Ed.): The medical Berlin; Axel Hinrich Murken, Sylvia Thomas (ed.): Blessed the merciful. 150 years of St. Hedwig Hospital (in Berlin), etc.
Doctors for Adenoidectomy in Germany
ENT SurgeonChief, 24 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Verse is an otolaryngologist with 24+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include allergology, sleep medicine, special ENT surgery and treatment for voice disorders.
- He graduated from DGSM, Germany followed by specialist training from the University of Ulm, Germany.
- Dr. Verse has worked with world-renowned ENT specialists in prestigious hospitals.
- He has many publications under his name in national and international journals.
- He is a member of eminent medical organizations in Germany.
ENT SurgeonChief, 41 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Hans Behrbohm is a well known ENT Surgeon/Otorhinolaryngologist, practicing successfully for more than 41 years.
- He is a member of the German ENT Society, European Rhinoplasty Society, and American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- He completed his Medical studies at Charité University in 1979, and also specialist training from the same institution.
- He is adept in performing Endoscopic surgeries for ailments and disorders of ear, nose, and throat and surgeries for Head and Neck cancers.
- He takes interest in teaching and has been serving as a professor in several medical colleges in Berlin.
- Dr.Behrbohm has publications in both national as well as international journals.
ENT SurgeonHead of Department, 39 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Heinrich Iro is a well known ENT Surgeon/Otorhinolaryngologist, practicing successfully for more than 41 years.
- He is the Chairman of the AHMO German Cancer Society, Presidium Member of the German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, and Commissioner for the Development of Guidelines of the German Society of Otolaryngology.
- He completed his medical studies at the Faculty of Medicine, Saarland University in 1975, and doctoral degree, Ph.D. thesis defense with honors from the same institution.
- He is adept in performing Head tumors, Neck tumors, Paranasal sinusitis, Otitis media, Otitis external, Otomycosis, Malignant otitis externa, Tonsillitis, Salivary glands inflammation, Facial nerve paralysis, Tracheal stenosis, etc.
- Dr. Heinrich has publications in both national as well as international journals.
Adenoidectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Adenoidectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Adenoidectomy is the surgery done for the removal of adenoid gland, when the adenoids become enlarge they can cause problem by blocking the airway. If the adenoids become swollen and enlarge they can cause problem by blocking the airway the person can have breathing problems, ear infection or any other complications.
After Adenoidectomy recovery is good you can lead healthier life without any breathing or ear problems. You will not have any sore throat, ear-ache, bad breath and stuff feeling nose.
The healing process of adenoidectomy is very easier patient will have less pain, low risk of bleeding and patient will return back to normal activities within few days.
Adenoidectomy is major surgery which is very short and done on an outpatient basis by an ENT surgeon done under general anaesthesia.
During the Adenoidectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Adenoidectomy is a minor surgery it is done under general anaesthesia and completed in 20-30 minutes only.
Adenoidectomy surgery is done by an ENT specialist.
In adenoidectomy surgery the doctor will open the child mouth with a retractor while the child is asleep then the adenoids are removed. The surgeon removes the adenoid glands using a spoon-shaped curette.
After Adenoidectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The complete recovery after adenoidectomy will take only 2 weeks and if the adenoids are removed the recovery time will be only of few days.
The risks of an adenoidectomy are rare but includes failure to resolve the underlying breathing problems, ear infections, or nasal drainage, excessive bleeding (very rare), permanent changes in vocal quality, risk from anaesthesia or infection.
It is therefore possible for the adenoid to “grow back” and cause symptoms again. It is very rare that adenoid are removed again for the second time.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals