Eligibility for Medical Visa from Saudi Arabia to India
Medical visa is only granted to those whose only purpose to travel to another is medical treatment.
Patient should seek treatment at a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare center in India.
The patient is allowed with maximum two medical attendants to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
Important Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application from Saudi Arabia
- Print of the correctly and completely filled online application form.
- Medical visa fee in Saudi Riyals.
- Two current passport size photographs. Follow the photograph criterion here.
- Photocopy of ID Card or Iqama.
- Proof of confirmation of hotel accommodation and airline ticket booking.
- Passport valid for 6 months.
- Recent medical reports and a reference letter from the hospital in Saudi that recommends the applicant’s treatment in India.
- Letter from the hospital in India that confirms the medical treatment of the applicant in the concerned hospital stating the applicant’s name, his/her medical attendant’s name and duration of the treatment.
Online Application of Indian Medical Visa from Saudi Arabia
- Go to Indian Visa Online and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill up the important credentials: your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of a total of three pages. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Vaidam’s assistance but do not have a reference in India, then you can provide Vaidam’s office address and contact number of patient relations as mentioned here.
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly. Click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee
The medical visa fee from Saudi Arabia to India is 305 Saudi Riyals for six months, 455 Saudi Riyals for one year and 755 Saudi Riyals for five years. The visa fees are accepted in Saudi Riyals and not in other currency.
The applicant has to submit the medical visa fees in the visa outsourcing centers of VFS Global.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time
Medical visa applied in Jeddah and Riyadh is processed and delivered in three working days. Submission of application at other centers may take a little longer.
Contact Details and Working Hours of Indian High Commission in Saudi Arabia
B-1 Diplomatic Quarter
00-966-11-488 4144 / 488 4691 / 488 4692
24 Hour Helpline No.
Consular Wing Contact Details
- Help Desk during office hours (On Working days :Sunday to Thursday)
- Working Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm (Sunday to Thursday)
Contact Details of Indian Passport and Visa Application Centres of VFS Global
Umm Al Hamam
1st Floor, Dove Plaza, (Hyper Panda),
2nd Floor, Shamshia Building, Near SABB Bank, Opp. G Mart, Abdulaziz Road, Shara Washam, Batha Centre, Riyadh
Ground floor, Al Rashid al Mutlaq building Central hospital street (Al Mustashfa St.), 19th Cross, Al Adama, behind Creative Acadamy, Dammam
2nd Floor, Al Katheery Centre, Opposite SABB Bank, Al Rakha, Al Khobar
Wadi Al Dawasir
India Passport Application Centre, VFS Global, Ground Floor, Main Street,Al Ahli Bank(NCB), Wadi Addawasir. Contact No: 017847469
India Passport Application Centre, VFS Global, 40th Street, Opp. Jawasath, Buraidah
Medical Visa Information After Your Arrival in India
Medical Visa Extension
Visa extension is required when one needs more time for his or her recovery that goes beyond his departure date from India. In that case the patient requires an official letter from the concerned hospital authority stating his/her ailment, treatment procedure and the number of days he/she would take to recover completely to go back to his/her own country. The applicant has to go to the FRRO office with the letter and the required documents to extend his/her stay in the country.
Foreign Regional Registration Office controls the registration, departure visa extension and other nuances of the foreign nationals regarding their passports, visa and their stay in India. Foreigners have to register themselves in the FRRO office once they arrive in India. Below is mentioned the documents that are required for FRRO registration:
- Application form.
- Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant.
- Details of residence in India.
Contact Details of FRRO offices in India:
Name and Designation
Shri A.B Purabia, FRRO Ahmedabad
Barrack No. 2, First Floor, Govt. Polytechnic Campus, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat-380015
Shri Manjit Singh, FRRO Amritsar
Bureau of Immigration, D-123, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar - 143001
Shri Ganesh Kumar, FRRO Bangalore
5th Floor, 'A' Block, TTMC, BMTC Bus Stand Building, K.H. Road, Shantinagar, Bangalore - 560027
Shri M Ananda Kumar , FRRO, Calicut
20/1305, Castle View, Thiruvannur Road, Panniyankara,Kallai PO, Kozhikode,KERALA-673003
Dr. K.A. Senthil Velan , FRRO Chennai
No. 26 Shastri Bhawan Annexe Building 26 Haddows Road, Nungabakkam, Chennai-600006
Mr. K. Sethu Raman , FRRO, Cochin
2nd Floor, Airlines Building, Cochin International Airport Ltd.,Airport PO, Cochin- 683111, Kerala
Shri Prabhakar , FRRO Delhi
East Block —VIII, Level -2, Sector -1, R.K Puram, New Delhi-66
Shri. V A Gupta IPS , FRRO Goa
Foreigners Branch, Goa Police Head Quarters, Opposite to Azad Maidan, Panaji. Pin : 403001
Shri P K Sethy , FRRO Hyderabad
Foreigners Regional Registration Officer, Bureau of Immigration (MHA), Govt. of India, Room No. 301, 3rd Floor, CGO Towers, Kavadiguda, Hyderabad-500080
Sh. Suresh Kumar Chidvie , FRRO Kolkata
237, A.J.C Bose Road, Kolkata
Shri Harish Kumar Rai , FRRO, Lucknow
557, Hind Nagar, Kanpur Road Near Old Chungi Lucknow-226012
Mrs. Supriya Patil Yadav , FRRO Mumbai
Annex-|| Bldg., 3rd Floor Badruddin Tayyabji Marg, Behind St.Xavier College, C.S.T Mumbai 400001
(The Landmark is near C.S.T railway station and the office is in the lane beside the Times of india building.),
For Enquiries on Registration and Visa Services Phone 022-22620446, Enquiry For PIO/OCI phone 022-22621167
Sh. K.K. Jayamohan , FRRO Trivandrum
T.C.14/1377, Vazhuthacaud opposite Ganpati temple, Thycaud. P.O Trivandrum-14
To get more information on Medical Visa Extension and FRRO services click here.
Assistance in Medical Visa
For our complimentary assistance in getting Medical Visa to India, submit enquiry or email on [email protected] You can also call or whatsapp us on +91-9650001746 . We usually respond within 2 hours of receiving the enquiry.
- Embassy of India in Riyadh, Kigdom of Saudi Arabia
- VFS Global
- Consulate of India, Jeddah
- Contact Details of Officers of the Embassy
- Location Map of Indian Embassy
- Bureau of Immigration
- FRRO contact details
- Foreign Registration Related Services
- Things to remember During Visa Extension
- Online Registration
- Health Regulation