Tevita Bolanavanua from Fiji had been suffering from knee pain for a long time. One of his knees was severely damaged due to which he had to get a prosthetic knee inserted. However, sometime after getting the prosthetic knee surgery, he started having pain again, which extended to the other knee.
Tevita’s life kind of came to a halt. As time progressed, the pain got worsened so much that he could not walk for more than 10 minutes. Also, he felt it was difficult to stand for a while. Every little routine task would take extra effort as compared to others. Upon consultation with an orthopedic doctor, he came to know that he would need to travel abroad to get better treatment.
He started exploring the best place for knee surgery and the best doctors worldwide. During this, he came to know that India is one of the most popular destinations for getting good medical treatment at affordable prices. He found out about Vaidam Health, which could facilitate his trip to India in every aspect. He posted a query on their website and received a callback. The case manager shared his reports with the top orthopedic surgeons in India. She also provided the doctor’s opinion along with the cost estimate as profiles of the top hospitals. Finally, Tevita decided to visit Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi.
Vaidam's team helped him arrange the Visa Invitation Letter from the hospital and application of medical visa. Finally, the patient arrived in India and taken to the hotel, which was pre-booked by the team. A day after his arrival, his appointment was scheduled with Dr. Vivek Mahajan. Dr. Vivek is a renowned orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon having more than 12 years of experience. The doctor had a detailed conversation and asked several questions. After evaluating him, he was sent for further investigations such as x-ray and MRI.
The results revealed that Tevita needed knee replacement surgery in both his knees. He went through some pre-surgical tests and then the surgery was performed successfully. After staying in India for 2 more weeks, he went back home. Since then, he has been recovering well. The pain is gone and he is gradually coming back to his normal routine.
1. Dr. I.P.S.Oberoi: He is one of the best knee replacements, hip replacement, and arthroscopic surgeons having 25 years of experience.
2. Dr. Pradeep Sharma: A well-known Knee replacement surgeon with 40 years of experience.
3. Dr. (Prof) Raju Vaishya: A renowned Orthopedics and joint replacement surgeon and has experience of more than 35 years.
4. Dr. Sanjay Desai: He is an Orthopaedic And Joint Replacement Surgeon with 28+ years of experience.
5. Dr. Raghava Dutt Mulukatla: A renowned Orthopedist practicing successfully for 36+ years of experience.
1. Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi: It is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
2. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi: It was established in 1996 and is NABL and JCI accredited.
3. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai: The hospital has successfully performed more than 1668 joint replacement surgeries, 4753 arthroscopic surgeries, and 1864 spine surgeries.
4. Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai: The Apollo Institute is the first in Asia to offer Robotic spine surgery and robotic rehabilitation.
5. Manipal Hospital (Old Airport Road) Bangalore: Established in 1991, the hospital is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
Vaidam wishes him good health in future.