- Doctors at Fortis Flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital, New Delhi, have removed the largest adrenal tumour in the world that weighed 11.5kg.
- The 55-year-old patient, Ashwini Marwah, suffered from type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
- He weighed 125kgs ang required a bariatric surgery.
- According to Dr. Randeep Wadhawan, Director of Bariatric and GI Surgery at the hospital, while diagnosis it was found out that the patient had 30x20cm tumour in the right side of his abdomen.
- The tumour was even gradually spreading to the left side.
- The tumour was located just adjacent to some of the vital organs like kidney, inferior venacava and intestines.
- The patient's surgery had aggravated risks as the two diseases he suffered from already had affected his kidneys.
- After the removal of the tumour the patient was kept under observation and had lost more than 30kgs.
Source: ET Healthworld