- Gender identity disorder (GID) is a condition in which a person does not feel attuned to his / her gender and his/her body becomes an entrapment.
- 46-year-old Aarav and 22-year-old Sukanyeah felt the same before their gender reassignment surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hopsital, Mumbai.
- Born a girl, Aarav kept the feeling of entrapment in his own body under wraps for 45 years.
- His condition was diagnosed as hormonal imbalance at the age of 13 owing to the onset of puberty.
- Sukanyeah, in her childhood as a boy, was also provided with male hormone therapy when her mother took her to a doctor.
- Both of their gender reassignment surgery were performed by Dr. Sanjay Pandey at the hospital.
- Dr. Pandey said that a gender reassignment surgery costs between Rs. 18 - 19 lakh in other countries whereas in India the cost ranges from Rs. 4 - 5 lakh.
- While both of them found themselves in the hospital, finally breathing in the body of who they actuallly are, they also found eachother and fell in love.
- The couple now awaits their marriage.
Source: Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Media Update