- A 30-year-old was recently rushed to the emergency unit of Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon because of an excruciating stomach ache.
- After consuming almost two cocktails lined with liquid nitrogen vaporus, his stomach swelled as the pain aggravted leading to a weak pulse and low blood pressure showing signs of severe metabolic acidosis.
- Severe metabolic acidosis is a medical condition in which production of acid in the body is more than required or when the kidneys are unable to remove the acid accummulation in the body.
- The CT scan performed in the hospital revealed a 10cms long hole in the lower part of the man's stomach.
- In a three hour long surgery thereafter about half of his stomach had to be removed.
- He has been in the intensive care unit for 10 days and is now doing fine.
Source: Columbia Asia, Media Update