- In an exclusive interview with the Hindustan Times, renowned heart surgeon Dr. Naresh Trehan at Medanta - the Medicity, stated that patients with only 20-25% heart functioning efficiency can also live long.
- Dr. Trehan with his unique combination of cardiac surgery procedures strive to save each critical patient.
- The new cardiac cluster of procedures include a PET scan, balloon, beating heart and robotic surgery.
- According to Dr. Trehan the challenge is to operate the non-operable patients in order to save their lives.
- He adds that based on the patient's condition an open heart surgery is not always possible for aortic valve replacement.
- So, a new procedure, namely transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) is adopted.
- It is a minimally invasive technique in which the aortic valve is implanted with the help of a catheter.
- New medicines like Vymada are effective for patients experiencing cardiac failure whereas combining benefits of ayurveda, unani and allopathy is an unavoidable cure for cardiac problems, cancer and other severe diseases.
Source: Hindustan Times