- At a conference organized at Seven Hills Hospital, regenrative medicine researcher of StemRx, Dr. Pradeep Mahajan introduced the new technology of CliniMACS prodigy System.
- The innovation assists blood cancer patients to undergo a bone marrow transplant with an unmatched donor.
- Many of the times the patient's treatment gets delayed as siblings or family members do not pose to be a perfect match.
- The cell manufacturing system abides by the requirements of the hemato-oncologist so as to perform the transplant.
- The technology, therefore, increases the chances of getting an alternate donor for patients suffering from leukemia and other cancers.
- According to Dr. Mahajan, the new technique enables a bone marrow transplant with partial matching donors as well.
- Certfied by GMP-grade cell manufacturing system that reprogrames the DNA of T cells in the immune system so that they attack the malignant tumor.
- The two step method in CliniMACS prodigy System involves extraction of stem cell from the blood that not only makes it easier for the donor but also for the doctors to control the number of T cells that fight cancer.
Source: Seven Hills Hospital, Media Update