- 43-year-old Iraqi national underwent a complex endoscopic brain tumor surgery at Paras Hospital, Gurgaon.
- Fartima Gazi suffered from the tumor for the past 16 years that was located right next to the carotid artery extending a bit more towards the optic nerve.
- Over the years it grew from a small cyst to a 4x3x2cms sized tumor resulting in headaches, seizures, urinary incontinence and double vision.
- At the hospital, the tumor was extracted through a 2x2cm incision instead of the conventional 10-15cms that included an open skull surgery.
- According to Dr. Sumit Sinha, Director, Neurosurgery at Paras Hospital, the complication was heightened by the tricky location of the tumor and its size, the age of the patient and the presence of the tumor inside the brain for such a long period of time.
Source: Paras Hospital, Media Update