- With the help of Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System Narayana Health City has successfully performed more than 101 robotic surgeries in the past 5 months.
- Doctors and patients both benefit from this technology.
- This new technology consists of magnified 3D high-definition vision system and tiny wristed instruments that has better efficiency than the human wrist.
- Since it only uses a small incision to perform surgeries, the patients also recovers fast with almost no damage made to his or her organs.
- According to the director of Narayana Health City, Dr. Devi Shetty, gradually most of the surgical treatments of the body will be done through robotic surgery.
- As of now, doctors at NH City are seeking traning and certification courses so that they can be more adept with the new technology.
- Consultant in the obstetrics and gyecology department at NH City, Dr. Lavanya Kiran was the first surgeon to perform 9 procedures in 17 days.
- Narayana Health City is one of the rare hospitals that use robotic technology for complex reconstructive procedures.
- The oldest patient to have undergone robotioc surgery was a 73-year-old whereas the youngest was a 3-year-old.