- A team of 20 doctors, nurses and technicians have saved the life of a 2 week old baby from his parasitic twin at Narayana Health City Hospital.
- The baby boy suffered from polymelia, a genetic disorder that occured due to an undeveloped twin.
- It is because of this reason, the baby was born with four limbs and two penises.
- According to Dr. Sanjay Rao, the parasitic twin completely relied on the blood supply of the baby since he didn't have his own heart and circulation.
- The complex surgery went on for 3 hours and was successful.
- Initially reluctant, his parents gave in for his surgery when Narayana Health City provided the treatment for free.
Source: The Sun