- Manipal Hospital is the first hospital in Karnataka to adopt robotic assisted surgery for two renal transplants.
- According to Dr. Deepak Dubey, the Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System is programmed in the most advanced manner so that complex procedues can be performed with perfection and accuracy while being less invasive at the same time.
- After being on dialysis for some years, 35-year-old Sarojit Adak planned to undergo a transplant, his mother-in-law being the donor.
- Similarly, 29-year-old Sudipta Kumar Bela was diagnosed with kidney failure and required a transplant. His mother came forward as the donor.
- The two families readily gave consent to the new technology as the surgery was less invasive and less painful.
- With the success of the surgery both the patients are now in good conditions.
Source: Bangalore Mirror