- Medanta, the Medcity has organised the International Coronary Congress (ICC) 2016 for the first time in India.
- It is a three day program and is a detailed course on coronary artery disease (CAD) management.
- Started from November 11, it will continue till November 13, 2016.
- On these three days the ICC 2016 will have all the eminent cardiac surgeons and cardiologists from around the world on board.
- It's objective is to broaden the horizon of the concept of CAD management and break the stereotypes of sticking to the individualistic ones so as to make the young cardiac surgeons aware of the newest updates in the CAD administration and management.
- “With this Initiative of International Coronary Congress we will educate the doctors as well as patients towards the best practices of prevention for the people who are prone to diseases. Hence, moving towards the reduction of disease morbidity,” said Dr Naresh Trehan, chairman, Medanta the Medicity.
- This initiative marks the formation of a HEART TEAM, where all the cardiac surgeons and cardiologist will come together for the management of cardiovascular diseases be it coronary artery disease or structural heart disease with a hope that this collaborated effort will propel improved patient care.
- “International Coronary Congress is India’s first platform where cardiologists and cardio surgeons came together for a discussion for the optimum and best in line treatment for patients,” said Dr Praveen Chandra, Chairman, Division of Interventional Cardiology, Medanta The Medicity.