- Abidemi Obgona from Lagos had three destinations as options for her urgent kidney transplant.
- India was the place that Obgona chose for her treatment because the other two options the UK and the USA was too expensive for her.
- Like Abidemi, many other Africans also choose India to be the perfect destination for their medical treatment.
- Lack of medical professionals and health care infrastructure makes the African nationals seek treatment elsewhere.
- India has been claimed as the global leader of medical tourism since the 1990s.
- Hospitals in India consist of highly qualified doctors, advanced infrastructure, even treatments provided by them are also approved by WHO and the US FDA.
- But the thing that draws international patient's attention to Indian medical treatment is their low treatment costs which are much affordable than in the US or UK.