- Director of Urology - Neurology and Renal Transplantation at Jaslok Hospital, Dr. Shailesh Raina, recently said in an interview with ET Healthworld that, over the years, urology has developed and has become a broadened specialty in India.
- He also added that the success rate of renal transplants is "phenomenal" in India, thanks to the very skilled transplant physicians in nephrology.
- According Dr. Raina, subspecialties like roboic neurology, neurology and incontinence, female urology and renal transplantation are improving at a very fast pace.
- In case of transplants, immunosuppresion has improved a lot. With the help of skilled nephrologists present, more and more patients with chronic renal disease and dialysis are opting for transplantations, said he.
- Laparoscopic and Robotic methods are now adopted by the surgeons to perform donor nephrectomy in which the patient gets hardly any scar and recovers much faster.
- Renal transplant remains standardised whereas robotic renal transplantation are being further improved.
Source: ET Healthworld