- A 16 kg tumour was successfully removed at Global Hospital, Mumbai, from a cavity, known as the retroperitoneum, behind a woman's abdominal region.
- The 39-year-old Mumbai resident had already underwent three surgeries to get rid of the tumour and had also tried chemotherapy and radiotherapy but was in vain.
- Consequently, the recurrent growth led to a huge tumour that weighed 16kgs making her look pregnant.
- The tumour has pushed all the adjacent organs in her body.
- To curtail its further spreading the team of oncologists headed by Dr. Kamran Khan, anaesthesists and intensive care specialists had to remove one of her ovaries, uterus and some of parts of the intestine in the 6 hour long surgery.
Source: The Indian Express