- A 55-year-old trained paraglider from UK, Anthony Barry Roberts, was left with fractured head, face, chest and a ruptured lung during his expedition in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh.
- Unable to cope in the sudden stormy weather, his face smashed against a rock leavinf him suspended in his parachute.
- After receiving first aid, a distress SOS was sent from his satellite phone and he was rushed to the local hospital the next day.
- Owing to his severe condition, he was airlifted to Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi.
- According to neurosurgeon, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the frontal bone covering the brain got broken to several fragments, along with other facial and skull base fractures.
- The complex surgery involed repairing the dura mater while his frontal and facial bone structures were fixed.
- After Roberts' condition improved post surgery, he was shifted to UK.
Source: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Media Update