- Global Hospitals, Mumbai has come up with a new technique of scar free thyroid gland surgery.
- Propelled by ENT surgeon, Dr. Maqsood Ali Khan and his team, the procedure was recently performed on a 32-year-old to remove a portion of her diseased thyroid gland.
- In this minimally invasive procedure, small incisions are made in the armpits and an endoscope is used to perform the surgery.
- The surgery takes about 2-3 hours and ensures fast recovery.
- Traditional techniques of thyroid gland surgery involves an incsion of three to five inches across the neck.
- This advantages of this procedure not only include neglible scarring but also the reduced risks involving the vocal cords, the vocal nerve and low levels of calcium in the blood.
Source: Global Hospital, Media Update