- Sanish has suffered from medullary cystic disease of the kidney since he was a year old.
- He had already undergone 38 sessions of dialysis and underwent a kidney transplant at 12.
- In spite of the transplant, his health further deteriorated and was followed by vomitting blood and feeling nauseous for almost 6 - 7 hours.
- According to his doctors, the problem in his liver affected his transplanted kidney leading to another kidney failure.
- According to Dr. Sumana Kolar Ramachandra, chief of Columbia Asia Hospital, Sanish's required both liver and kidney transplant.
- The combined liver and kidney transplant was performed by the Columbia-Asia-Medanta Liver Team headed by Dr. A.S Soin, Chief Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Surgeon Chairman at Medanta - the Medicity and Dr. Ramachandra.
- He has been recovering well post surgery.
Source: Medanta - the Medicity and Columbia Asia Hospital, Media Update