- With the new procedure of Single Pass Four Throw Pupilloplasty (SFT) doctors at Dr. Agarwal's Eye Hospital rehabilitates the eye-sight of a 55-year-old.
- According to CMD of Dr. Agarwal’s Group of Eye Hospitals, Amar Agarwal, this procedure is a successful innovation for glaucoma treatment, especially closed angle glaucoma.
- The advantages of the surgery not only include safety and effectiveness but is also helpful in opening up the closed angle structures making the aqueous of the eye flow freely.
- The SFT treatment can be performed for both cases of early and advanced closed angle glaucoma.
- The root cause of the disease is fixed in this procedure that involves correction of the location of the iris. creating clear angles.
- Dr. Vamsidhar said that this procedure was invented to provide better results than laser eye treatments.
- Till now with the help of this procedure Dr. Agarwal’s Group of Eye Hospitals has successfully treated about 40 glaucoma patients in Karnataka, Chennai and Hyderabad.
Source: Dr. Agarwal’s Group of Eye Hospitals, Media Update