- The patient has the right to know all the information regarding his or her ailment, detailed explanation about his or her past medical records and the risks and side effects regarding the treatment procedures.
- The patient has the right to confidentiality, that is, individual medical cases shall not be in any manner discussed with any other person.
- The patient has the right to ask for and get their case reports whenever required.
- It is a patient's right to know the qualification of the doctor.
- Patient's consent is of utmost importance while making any treatment decision. Even if the patient is unconscious, doctors should always take the consent of the patient's nearest relative making them of the riskd and side effects of the treatment.
- If the patient has any doubts about the prescribed treatment, then he or she has complete right to go for a second opinion.
- A patient's modesty should be taken into consideration during any physical examination.
Source: Hindustan Times