- Doctors at Jaypee Hospital, Noida has recently performed a dual lobe liver transplant surgery on a 38-year-old.
- This rare surgical procedure that involves liver of two donors for one patient is performed when he is overweight.
- It is because, according to Dr. Abhideep Chaudhary, senior liver transplant surgeon, a single transplanted liver cannot sufficiently perform its functions because of the huge size of the body.
- The Mongolian patient, Purevsuren Dorj weighed 130 kg. Both of his brothers were perfect donors for his surgery.
- It took 16 hours for the doctors to complete the surgery successfully.
Source: The Healthsite