- Along with sporadic fever Ms. Pushpa experienced acute stomach ache and nausea.
- The ultrasound and CT scan reports in the hospital suggested that she might be suffering from gall bladder cancer.
- Dr. Amit Trivedi, Consultant Gatroenterologist at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh had therefore performed a two hour laparoscopic procedure.
- The patient's gallbladder had swollen into six times of its original size.
- After removing the gallbladder for further pathological tests, when it was opened, the doctors were shocked to see 838 gallstones inside it.
- The biopsy report was negative, she did not have cancer.
- The doctors finally removed all the stones.
- The patient is in a stable condition now.
Source: The Health Site