- Breathing troubles and severe cough were what 48-year-old Poonam Choudhary suffered from that proved to be the symptoms of a rare cardiac condition.
- An ECG performed at Fortis Hospital, Noida, showed that Choudhary had a tumor of the size of a cricket ball in her heart.
- According to doctors at the hospital this is a rare phenomenon. The success rates for its treatment is about 25 per cent.
- Located at the upper left chamber of her heart, the tumor affected her blood circulation and restricted her heart function.
- It also affected the patient's lungs and liver.
- A complex cardiac pulmonary bypass surgery was performed at the hospital by Dr. Vaibhav Mishra and his team to remove the tumor.
- After the 3 hour long surgery, her cardiac efficiency was restored to 50 per cent.
- It will take six months for her complete recovery.
Source: Fortis Hospital, Media Update