- Apollo Hospital in Navi Mumbai has recently created a record by treating a brain stroke patient in just 42 minutes.
- The patient suffering from ischemic arterial stroke of the brain was thrombolysed (dissolved the arterial blood clots) within the short time period by the team of doctors, said the CEO of Apollo Hospital, Dr. Narendra Trivedi.
- According to the international quality standards, it takes around 60 minutes to treat a brain stroke patient.
- The 64-year-old patient's left upper and lower limbs were completely paralysed and he also suffered from speech impairment.
- He had blockage of arteries on the right side of the brain due to a large clot which obstructed blood flow.
- The surgery was successful and after 5 hours the patient has now recovered from paralysis and reattained his ability to speak and move.