- An artificial kidney of the size of a fist may be available in the market by the end of this decade.
- Before grtting approved by the FDA the newly invented device will be tested on more than a 100 patients in the US.
- The device will execute all the functions of the kidney like purifying blood, production of hormones and controlling blood pressure.
- It will be implanted in the abdomen and powered by the heart.
- This new renal device is going to help patients suffering from end-stage kidney disease as they neither would have to go for rigorous dialysis nor seek a suitable donor for kidney transplant.
Source: The Times of India