- BGS Global Hospital in Bengaluru has performed its 140th liver transplant.
- The 51-year-old patient suffered from Acute Liver Failure (ALF) which was the result of anti-tuberculosis medication.
- His deteriorating condition, when brought to the hospital, suggested an immediate liver transplant.
- It took 12 hours for the the multidisciplinary team of the hospital to complete the transplant successfully.
- The team consisted of Dr. Sanjay Govil, Dr. Suresh Raghavaiah Dr. Raghavendra CV (Transplant Surgery team), Dr. Vinit Shah (Hepatologist), a team of intensivists and anesthetists.