- Aster Medcity in Kochi through an MoU officially partnered with Thomas Jefferson University (TJU), which is the largest free standing health sciences university in Philadelphia, broadening the reach of Indian doctors to the best of global healthcare knowledge and expertise.
- Aster Medcity and TJU will collaborate on a multi-organ transplant programme.
- According to the chairman and managing director of Aster Medcity, Azad Moopen, the collaboration will be further extended to the bone marrow transplant unit and would later envelope other institutions of the group.
- "We look forward to interacting and collaborating with Aster's team of transplant surgeons," the Director of Jefferson Transplant Institute, Cataldo Doria said praising the hospital for showing its expertise in multi-organ transplant in a short time.
- He also mentioned some of the landmark surgeries performed at Aster that includes split lever transplant, first simultaneous pancreas kidney transplant among others.
- The MoU would extend to other areas, including knowledge transfer through organising symposia, conferences and short courses, besides training and education through institutional exchange programmes, joint study groups and joint publications.
Source: ET Healthworld