- Shelley Irman from Cochrane suffered from multiple sclerosis since 2003.
- After a lot of research, Irman came to India for her treatment at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon.
- Doctors at the hospital treated Irman's multiple sclerosis by applying Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant therapy.
- The procedure involves the use of isolated stem cells from the bones of the patient to repair the damage.
- Femoral injections to loosen up the bone marrow followed by chemotherapy was given to her. Finally stem cells were infused in her body.
- After her treatment Artemis Hospital had even provided her with two weeks of physiotherapy so that she gets fit again.
- Imran improves steadily as she regains her strength and has greater motor control which she had lost completely in the past.
Source: Cochrane Times