- The minimally invasive procedure of TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) was successfully performed on an 80-year-old at Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Calcium deposits in his arteries blocked the blood flow in his heart.
- By the time he reached the hospital, he was severely breathless and exhausted that interfered with his day to day activities.
- Dr. P.L.N Murthy, director of Cathlab at Apollo Hospitals said that apart from the cardiac condition, the patient also suffered from co-morbid conditions of a chronic kidney and lung disease.
- While his age posed as a threat, his previous bypass surgery led the doctors to cancel out performing an open heart surgery or a valve replacement surgery.
Source: Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad